Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am wondering to know why are there so many members and non-members selling their 350Z around this time? Is there any problem with this car that I don't know of or is it just simply not up to people's standard? So after owning it for a year or two then they put the cars up in the second hand market already...

WHY?????

I was once thinking about selling it due to lack of power/tuning abilities of this car, but after those mods, I decided to keep it for a long while... how about you guys?

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i wont be selling for several years yet

im just starting

it is a compromised car being a two seater with no boot space, so for the family men its a selfish purchase. Some may be wanting to get out of the Z for a bigger car with more space, or some may just be over it and want something new. There are quite alot on the online carsales sites

you can bet all the modified Z's advertised are international students going home

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh im only selling mine cause i need something bigger for work.. otherwise i'd be keepin it and throwin the keys to APS after a while..

·
Registered
562 Posts
End of lease? Just a guess

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm waiting for the near GTR so it looks like I will be keeping it for at least another year or so. Don't know why anyone would want to get rid of it, 350Z's are bloody brilliant cars.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dissapointing performance is my primary reason.

Just sick and tired af looking the part, and having to work like **** to keep up with mum's shopper.

I don't think that the Z will be anything like the skylines in 10 + years!

Should have been a turbo like some of it's predecessors.

FRIZZLE

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Most people switch cars every 2 years. Hence all the people who bought it new are selling it. Look at any cars... there are 36 x 360 Modenas for sale at the moment. Look at the Z4s, etc etc. Happens to every car.

This is my 4th car and I am 25. And I came close to buying another 3 before the Z and I tell you what... my only complaint with it is the interior quality (not design). Other than that... the car is great IMHO. I've driven all sorts of cars, from Lamborghinis to Jeeps ;) I think for the money, you cannot get a better car. the S2000 is the closest thing. Boxster is a great car, but in my opinion the Z is better (to drive). The Z handles better than a Maserati 4200, which is 4x the price!

Anyway... my 5 cents worth :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by TPIACE@Aug 31 2005, 01:16 AM
it is a compromised car being a two seater with no boot space, so for the family men its a selfish purchase. Some may be wanting to get out of the Z for a bigger car with more space, or some may just be over it and want something new. There are quite alot on the online carsales sites
[snapback]150926[/snapback]​

I do understand that... but you wouldn't have bought the zed when knowing that you don't want a 2 seaters from the beginning, right? That's the reason I don't get though... why waste so much money in terms of depreciation just to get a car that you are going to sell soon? Too much money? might as well use that depreciation amount to rent a nice 2 seaters instead... just my 2 cents...

Bill,

I have to agree with you.... the z is never going to be like a skyline in any way in the near future... You gotta love those previous turbo charged nissans, and to be honest, I never liked Z until I saw the nismo body kitted zed though... :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
562 Posts
Richie, that's what the lease is for. I think most of the people who had the car on 2 year lease are selling it now.

·
Registered
303 Posts
my lease is up in 6 months.. same deal I either buy the car or flog it off for whatever.

The jury is out for me, I like the car just dunno if it's enough to keep it. A new Evo is very tempting.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by zuffy@Aug 31 2005, 08:36 PM
The jury is out for me, I like the car just dunno if it's enough to keep it. A new Evo is very tempting.
[snapback]151227[/snapback]​

Zuffy,

I reckon so... it looks a lot better now.. not as boy racer I would say... and the new evo engine is a lot stronger now!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
impressive power and handling in the evo no doubt

but it still looks like a home nurse's car to me

and i wouldnt be complaining about Nissan interior quality, a $19,990 driveaway Lancer interior is much worse. Once i had finished caning it, i got over it pretty quickly, its so boring to look at and drive at the speed limit

a new M3 would be the default upgrade from a Z id imagine

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If I sell my Z in the near future, it'll be for more power or less weight.

I'd keep my Z over an M3 (purely because, for the cost, I could TT my Z) but, every now and again, I keep thinking about an Elise.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If I were to upgrade the Z to another sports car, it'd either be a Cayman (hopefully I can transplant a 911 engine into it) or an Elise.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by scathing@Sep 1 2005, 04:57 PM
If I were to upgrade the Z to another sports car, it'd either be a Cayman (hopefully I can transplant a 911 engine into it) or an Elise.
[snapback]151319[/snapback]​

The best porker conversion I've seen is a 996TT engine in a Boxster S (S due to brakes and suspension over the normal boxster). Although you could easily buy the 2.5l boxster, whack a 3.4l NA engine in it, and it will GO :)

Edit: But then again, TT the Z and you have a car that is probably faster! Hmmm ... tis a tricky decision.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
im undecided on the TT kit. i couldnt afford to drop 15K in the car for a couple years still, and id have to see what the market is like. If im seeing p platers running around with Z's on chrome rims then ill sell it. If the car is still respected and a rare site on the roads, ill prob spend the cash on TT

one of the main reasons i sold my Alfa was because the arse fell out of them, and every young kid and their dog were buying them up at wholesalers, and my 70K Alfa (excl. mods) had little more street presence than a 18K Lorbek special

does anyone know how the grey laws work now, will they be whoring off the Z like the RX7s, Z32s, Skylines, etc?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The Cayman is MR, which will give it a good handling advantage. There's sure to be aftermarket parts for the Cayman, being mostly Boxster. As such, it'd be a good base to work from (like the Z33 in the sub-$100K bracket).

If I can drop a 996TT engine into a Cayman I probably would.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by frosty@Aug 31 2005, 04:11 AM
Dissapointing performance is my primary reason.
[snapback]150934[/snapback]​

That was pretty much my reason as well. I could've modded the Zed inc twin turbo but I can build something just as fast if not faster for a whole lot less.

·
Registered
235 Posts
And the **** "Bose", and the leapy cornering, and the cig. lighter in the back, and the tyre feathering, and the grease on the windows, and the microscopic paint film thickness, axle tramp under acceleration, and most of all, Nisshits arrogance re warranty claims.

But it's a pretty looker.

FRIZZ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts