Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was thinking wich would be the best Exhaust when it came down to FI my ideas were the
pro-1
evo2
hks hi-power

please reply :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
What kind of power are you looking at?

APS 2.5" for 600rwhp or lower. APS 3.5" for 600rwhp or higher. JMO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my first choice was going to be the hks hi poer i heard its a beast do u think it will be good with turbo is the piping thick enough for a future 600hp + 350z or r there better exhaust

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
It's got 2.6" piping. I still suggest APS, can't beat an exhaust that is designed to work more efficiently with a turbo setup.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well the original question was concerning FI not just Turbo applications. While the APS is designed to work with their turbo kit, it may not be the best for a Vortech/Procharger/HKS/Stillen SC.

In general you want a kit that is going to increase flow with minimal to no bends in excess of 45 degrees. I think the Injen SES true dual exhaust would be a great setup for a supercharged car. I have no idea how it sounds, but thats not really that important to me. (as long as it doesn't sound like a fart can) My goal is putting as much power as I can to the rear wheels.

The injen kit is a true dual exhaust system straight back from each cat, no Y-pipe. And they claim 18HP/16 ft-lbs of torque increase. Here is a pic:

[attachmentid=9154]

Just a suggestion. Sells for about $800-$850

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Originally posted by briankort@Jul 9 2005, 02:16 PM
Well the original question was concerning FI not just Turbo applications. While the APS is designed to work with their turbo kit, it may not be the best for a Vortech/Procharger/HKS/Stillen SC.

In general you want a kit that is going to increase flow with minimal to no bends in excess of 45 degrees. I think the Injen SES true dual exhaust would be a great setup for a supercharged car. I have no idea how it sounds, but thats not really that important to me. (as long as it doesn't sound like a fart can) My goal is putting as much power as I can to the rear wheels.

The injen kit is a true dual exhaust system straight back from each cat, no Y-pipe. And they claim 18HP/16 ft-lbs of torque increase. Here is a pic:

[attachmentid=9154]

Just a suggestion. Sells for about $800-$850
[snapback]129106[/snapback]​

I don't think he's sure what he's going with. He said Vortech in one thread and custom single turbo in another.

No one has ever gained that much from a cat-back exhaust in N/A form (which is what they are claiming). Sport Z Magazine did a shootout of exhausts, Injen was one of them. Fall 2003 issue I believe.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well if you do go vortech you will want to get an exhaust that is going to give you better flow than the stock system. The stock system has a Y into 1 pipe and then splits again at the muffler. The muffler has 90 degree bends in it which add restriction of flow. Look at Injen, borla, hks, Fujibutso (or however you spell it). I think overall you can expect similar gains from most of these systems. And if you search around you can probably get sound clips of them as well.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by Fairlady_z_33@Jul 9 2005, 05:18 PM
i was going with the hks hi-power but the pro-1 sound mean as **** what do u think about the pro-1
[snapback]129155[/snapback]​

Pro-1 is a just a knock off of a Nvidia exhaust. It is crazy loud and has a bit of a "ricer" feel to it. I don't mind it on some one elses car, but that exhaust must drone like ****. If going FI, I would defently look elsewhere.

From your list, her is what I think:

Injen: Sounds like crap, looks good, gains with FI might be OK, but I think the piping is a bit small. If you are interested in this exhaust, wait for the newest version that is rumored to incorporate an H-pipe to solve the sound issue.

Greddy: Sounds amazing. Look is a bit different and turns some people off, but is still not extreme. Gains with FI should be decent, the X-pipe might be limiting for high horse power turbo setups. For S/C this would be a good exhaust/

HKS: Sound is marginal, looks good, but is expensive. I don't know piping diameter, but if it is near 2.5" it might be a decent choice for FI.

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey whats up, IMO i would go with a single exhaust for any forced induction, if u think about it, my JIC 505 bullet st comes off the cats into a y-pipe ( i got the jic one) and then straight out, one resonator one muffler, now most people are taking off the cats anyway so lets forget them, with a dual setup there are twice the restrictions, two resonators h pipe or x and two mufflers, to me that is just two much restriction, now the piping on my JIC is 3.25 i think might b 3 but it is def no less than 3 inches and has s wonderful sound that i am always complemented on, the local f-body group arround here ( camarrow and firebird ) tells me that its the first import car they have ever heard that sounds good, they say that it sounds like horepower so any my thats my opinion

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was going to go with the spartan ti single exhaust but someone told me that it was whatever and the greddy is the one to go with so i then was like forget it and i went with the idea of greddy or the hks in a way it makes sense what u say of the less bend but in another way their two headers putting out on a single exhaust isnt their a little ristriction of flow

·
Registered
153 Posts
What exhaust would perform best for the Turbonetics ST? I currently have an Injen SES & will need some modificaton to make it work. Is it worth modifying or just swap with the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Shouldn't cost too much, kcobean had his GReddy EVO2 modified for pretty cheap I believe, and it was pretty easy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts