Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you noticed all the BY's that are having bad luck, mine included? I just read yet another post on zchickz where a someone else's BY got tagged by a retread and smashed up the front bumper and fender pretty badly. Part of the bumper was actually ripped right off. Man, all of us BY owners might have to start wearing garlic or something.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man oh Man
ANOTHER Z totalled. This time, LS, shezzzhot/Pam. She has been in the hospital with some pretty bad injuries, but is back at home now... Say a prayer for her that she recovers quickly will ya? I haven't heard from her personally yet, but from what I read she was in a barrel roll....Hey everyone, just be careful OK?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually she had a Lemans Sunset....still though. I do think there might be some bad mojo with the BY's....Just hope I have had my share! LOL When I first thought she was totalled I though immediately what color I'd get if we did it all over again, and my decision was that I would probably get PPWhite--that would look awesome with the taillights etc smoked!

How's it comin with your ins. TK? Did you get those pesky wheels off yet?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
waiting on my wheel lock key to show up.. supposed to be here tomorrow.. i am also taking backup.. craftsman bolt removers.. they are supposed to be able to get stripped bolts off.. but my concern is whether the torqued lugs will come off easily..

no word on insurance yet, they didnt get my fax last week so i have to try again today.

oh well i get to drive around a GOLD BITCHIN CAVALIER!!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
you tried to use a torque wrench to take the off yet? just to break the hold so to say. I had a stuck lug one time because it seemsed it got threaded on wrong ,then with driving it really fastened up. we used a torque wrench and a breaker bar to get that sucker off

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
you tried to use a torque wrench to take the off yet? just to break the hold so to say. I had a stuck lug one time because it seemsed it got threaded on wrong ,then with driving it really fastened up. we used a torque wrench and a breaker bar to get that sucker off
well the problem is i have kyokugen wheel locks instead of regular lugs.. the key that came with them cracked.. i am waiting on another key (hopefully tomorrow)

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@Apr 4 2004, 04:01 PM
well the problem is i have kyokugen wheel locks instead of regular lugs.. the key that came with them cracked.. i am waiting on another key (hopefully tomorrow) [/quote]
**** i am a dumbass for forgetting that

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeah seriously! wtf is going? my '04 SS Track was totalled last wk by a red RX-8 (WTF?). this is dumb! ppl gotta give more respect to the Z's!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Apr 3 2004, 09:03 PM
I just read yet another post on zchickz where a someone else's BY got tagged by a retread and smashed up the front bumper and fender pretty badly.  Part of the bumper was actually ripped right off.

I'm appalled that with all the strict safety standards on passenger vehicles today that tractor trailer retread tires are even allowed to be on the road. I've been hit by two. The first blew off in front of my on I-95 near Savannah, GA. Damage: cracked front bumper (almost ripped it off) and destroyed front lip for a total of $800. The second I hit at night on I-66 near Fair Oaks in VA. This one ripped off my front bumper, rumpled my fender, and wrapped itself around my axle and breaking it for a total of $1800. Both I paid out of pocket because I feared getting dropped by my insurance company.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You have to love and hate the Brickyard. It gets inside you and next thing you know, you become obsessed. That is what happened to me the first time I saw just the paintchip for the car. I ordered it without even seeing it in person, it was a great decision in my opinion. Then after the fist one got totalled

ZXRage1

By some dumbass

ZXRage2

Yes a cop did total my car on my birthday on Rte 13. and yes my birthday was a Friday the 13th and there was a full moon (look it up if you doubt it), so maybe we can say that had something to do with it and it is not just the Brickyard color.

Anyway, I thought that would be it for me and I would get a convertible for 2004, but low and behold, they discontinued the color. So what do I do? I spend three months locating another Brickyard Performace 6MT. I finally found one sitting around in NJ that wasn't claimed. I plan on keeping this one a little bit longer.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your pics didn't work...maybe I shouldn't see them! LOL Glad that you found another BY beauty! Yep, this time keep her on the road a little longer--I plan on doing just that. Got my baby back last Friday and she looks great, you'd never know she was crunched up so badly. Kid gloves my friend!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Zxrage -

I can't follow your link either, but would love to hear more about how a cop totaled your Z (as sad as that is).

It's not just the BYs. My Silverstone Track has been hit three times on the front left side. Other guys' fault every time. Their insurance cos. paid for all 3 collisions. I am on my 4th left front fender and front bumper, and 2nd driver's door (counting the ones the car originally came with). I also made a mistake myself, and slammed the hood down after adding a quart of oil, while the oil cap was still sitting on top of the plenum. Big ding that cost me $$ to repair.

The 350Z is a great sports car, but a magnet for trouble.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Thanks, jinxxycat, now I can see the pics.

Zxrage - OK, so how about telling us the whole story of how a cop crashed into your BY?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts