Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a jerk!
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...p/foul_ball_boy

I saw this on CNN today but couldn't find a link on the cnn.com site. The other story they showed with it, was about a lady who has worked with the hospital or something, and gave up her kidney for someone who needed a kidney transplant, she won $500,000 a couple of days later.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
He was an azzhole. Maybe a drunk azzhole. People act like that everyday. So this jerk gets caught on camera, and a couple of days later (after numerous death threats, I bet), he is giving the ball back. Sounds like another Mother Theresa to me.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I'm not condoning what the guy did, or anything, but haven't each and every one of us, at some point, gotten a little carried away and done something we normally never would have done, and completely regretted it the next day...no matter how right you thought you were the day before?

I know I have. Is it not possible that the guy was so focused on catching that ball that it didn't occur to him that he might hurt the kid in front of him. It's things you don't think about in the heat of the moment.

Of course, that's not to say, necessarily, that he's not just a jerk, but he could have just made a mistake.

Side note: The news will always make something out to be as bad as it possibly can. They know that peolpe would rather read about other peoples misfortunes or idiocy, the worse the better for them. Why do you think the daily news has 5 minutes of regular news, 10 minutes of weather, and 45 minutes of news about murders, theives, politicians, fights, etc?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
The morning radio peeps were talking about this jerk all day yesterday. I saw the actual footage today before I left for work. That dude deserves to be humiliated. Even on my worst drunk at a baseball field I would still know the importance of a ball caught by a little kid at a ball game. Alcohol is not an excuse for that behavior.

I also heard about the woman who won the lottery after giving up a kidney to someone she hardly knew....I think she is from VA. She deserves every penny. She told press she would buy a new house, and a new truck for her husband and save the rest. Awesome! Someone who deserves the lottery winnings!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It just occured to me that the kid was probably going for the ball too. This whole time I was just thinking about the guy running into the kid.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
you know this just goes to show:

**insert sappy moral of story**

that's all I have to say about that

really, that kid is a ***** for not getting a ball at his **** feet. Kids should be faster than adults. I don't even think the kid was hurt. I've done worse than that to my little sisters and they take it pretty well. Kids are much more resilient than people would like to think. The only traumatic part of the whole situation is everyone making such a big deal about it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
really, that kid is a ***** for not getting a ball at his **** feet. Kids should be faster than adults. I don't even think the kid was hurt. I've done worse than that to my little sisters and they take it pretty well. Kids are much more resilient than people would like to think. The only traumatic part of the whole situation is everyone making such a big deal about it.
YEAH!!!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you watched the video of this on the news, you would see it was landing right in front of the boy's feet, and they guy jumped over the seats and dived in front of the boy's feet to snatch it from anyone, then he gets up and as he's getting up, the mother hits him with a folder and says you're a jerk! (and she said some other stuff (cuss words i imagine) and he said something back (no one said what it was) and he climbed over the seats and sat down, didn't even give the ball back after EVERYONE in the crowd booed him, and the announcer pointed him out as "there is the biggest jerk in the park". Come on guys, stop taking up for him, he is an adult and mature, he knows that he should have given back the ball (I bet it ends up on Ebay). But then again, the boy got 4 balls signed by them, and 2 baseball bats, that's better than getting a foul ball imo. The baseball game I went to before the last one, sucked, these two guys were yelling and just in general being annoying behind us, this kind of stuff gets ruined from idiots that go to them, oh well, that's life.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
people treat kids much worse than this all the time, usually behind closed doors of their homes, but many times out in public.

and the public gets all bent out of shape that a man took a baseball from a kid?

the only reason is that it was caught on national television.. the media will milk this for all its worth.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Originally posted by nissan350ztt@Jun 17 2004, 09:51 PM
But then again, the boy got 4 balls signed by them, and 2 baseball bats, that's better than getting a foul ball imo.

Sounds to me like this "jerk" did the boy a favor. Then, he even gave the ball back later. I think we should praise him as a good role model. I would let some drunk dude "bump into" my kid to get national attention and valuable baseball memorabilia. :goodtimes:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You all are killin' me.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
yea i saw this on ESPN and i must say that this guy was such a loser for doing this. the team ended up giving the kid a bunch of things signed and then they signed a T-shirt that said something like, " the worst fan" and gave it to that guy, LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts