Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats going on. I have about 700 miles on my 06 Z, and I am curious about exhaust systems. I am noticing that these systems are quite a bit more expensive than my GTI. Therefore I would like to know what you guys have and what is a reasonably priced exhaust system that looks and sounds good, and also adds some performance. Also I would like a direct bolt on kit. I appreciate the info and the welcome to the Z world :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I have the Borla TD. It seems with the various exhast systems most of them are similar in their performance gains so it really comes down to which sound you like better and whats in your price range. I went with the Borla because it was reasonably priced and sounds deep without getting too loud, plus the bigger tips look awesome.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
well i would leave the exhaust till the end, after u decide what cats/headers/plenum you are going to get....and what direction u are planning to go, if you are planning to stay NA or go to the Dark Side with FI.

my prefernce will be

SSV Manifold Plenum
Crawford Headers
APS Test pipes 2.5"
APS 2.5" Exhaust

great Combination

then Tune tune tune.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
well i would leave the exhaust till the end, after u decide what cats/headers/plenum you are going to get....and what direction u are planning to go, if you are planning to stay NA or go to the Dark Side with FI.

my prefernce will be

SSV Manifold Plenum
Crawford Headers
APS Test pipes 2.5"
APS 2.5" Exhaust

great Combination

then Tune tune tune.... :thumbsup:
My, Ayman, what great taste you have :)

Except for the test pipes, we are seeing EXACTLY eye to eye. I just prefer the Crawford High Flow Cats to test pipes now for N/A purposes, but if you are seriously considering going F/I in the near future, then test pipes would be the better option.

I currently have the Crawford high flow Cats along with APS 2.5 exhaust and love it! Sounds like a race-tuned Borla TD system. the only other air modification I have is the AEM CAI.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
how terrifying a thought! :OMG:
:lmfao: :rolf2: :lmfao: :yourock:
LOL!!! Eye-to-eye on those modification parts.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you really like the sound of the stock exhaust like I do you could always just get a y pipe. the rest of the exhaust is actually really well built, if not there are plenty of bolt on systems to choose from, all you need to choose from is look and sound.
I personally chose to keep the stock muffler because i want to go low profile, which is why i chose the drop in K&N. I have a feeling the exhaust note will change when i finally swap out the y pipe.

I heard test pipes are good for both FI and NA.
and the headers are a bitch which i am finding out right now.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i heard the invidia is good i am thinking about getting that one myself.... goodluck!!

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
no exhaust is going to give you considerably more performance than the next if you are N/A.

Invidia doesn't look all that hot to me. It's all personal taste.

Hotness is Titanium. Real Ti. , not just some tips. But 100% Ti. that changes color. You want hot, get the real deal.

Real Ti. = AMuse, ARC, Top Secret, Trial, Fuji.

:shiftdrive:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.