Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to clean or polish the lips? When i wax the car i usually put some wax on the lip and it looks like a mirror

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
i clean the rims with mequiars HOT RIMS

I shine the tires with Mequiars High Gloss Gel

My car is a daily driver so I find it difficult to polish the rims often.

I did however, go with the Hawk HPS brake pads with virtually eliminated the brake dust!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just have the stocker 17's, but I just wash then with good ol soap and water, then wax them about once a month and the dust builds up, but wipes right off.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I agree, I have the Hawks HPS front brake pads and the dust is virtually gone! And the stopping power is greatly increased as toykilla says. I use eagle-one wheel and tire cleaner, I also have 3 different brushes and one sponge that I use for cleaning the inside of the wheel well and even where the lug nuts are seated. I let the cleaner sit on there for a good 5 mins or so before washing. I haven't waxed mine though...I heard of a good wheel wax, I'll see if I can't dig it up for ya...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@Jan 16 2004, 03:13 PM
i would suggest the brake pads.. they improve stopping power and get rid of the brake dust for sure! :p

Did you guys change the pads because of the dust or because the originals were worn?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Read the detailing article son my web site in the Detail Zone.

This will help. We use our cars and the show cars on the track and fight wheel cleaning on a regualr basis

regards

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
i use a bucket of water, sponge, and a bit of Zaino car wash, rinse well then hit them with some detailer. helps the dust come off easier next wash and when it rains, they do not get as dirty

·
Registered
130 Posts
Simplle Green is absolutely way to harsh for wheels and will cause discoloration and pitting of the wheel surface.

regards

1 - 20 of 23 Posts