Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

What do you think of FairladyZ Emblem?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to hear from everyones opinion of FairladyZ emblem opinion...

I know some people don't like the FairladyZ (sound like women) and some people bored with 350Z.

So please vote your opinion. thanks :)

Cheers

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I put mine on to be a little different from the rest of the ones around here

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I got a Fairlady badge just cause I felt like it. I'm not really sure what made me decide to get it

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I love my Fairlady Badge, I got it b/c of the history behind it, and it does catch the eye. I have people ask me what a fairlady was, and since I only have Z's and no nissan on her anywhere, I just say "it's a Z" and leave them hanging.....LOL if they don't know, they don't need to know... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
i got one, mainly to be different plus I think it looks better

·
Registered
55 Posts
i got it because "fairlady z" is the actual name. i like it. sometimes i see people in the car behind me mouthing "fairlady z" and have a puzzled look on their face. kind of funny.

once i got a parking ticket in the hospital parking lot because i forgot to hang my pass on my mirror. my ticket said "silver fairlady z" funny stuff.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was stopping at the red light with my Window down. There is a couple of guys waiting for a Tram. He walk near the window from range and he said something with intention for me to Hear it.

"Aren't Fairlady Z was firstly made for the Women?"

Just i just ignore and accelerate away on Green light.

So i just wanted to see what you guys think :)

Keep voting please :) it's great to see some people's opinion ;)

Thanks for Voting.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I like to have people ask me if it's a "special edition". I also think that it looks different from what other people have around here. I love the stares and the second glances from people who don't know what they are looking at. I also want the guy in the Rustang GT next to me to have to explain to all of his friends that he got beat by a car named "Fairlady". Also, to make my reason more lengthy, cars are supposed to be female names IMO.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i actually am a debadging person, every time i get a new car i take off the badges. i think it looks smoother :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by mchapman@Nov 2 2004, 03:35 AM
the Japanese in charge of that area at the time liked the movie 'My Fair Lady'.

I thought he (Mr K) went to see it on Broadway :dunno:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Nov 2 2004, 10:56 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mchapman
@Nov 2 2004, 03:35 AM
the Japanese in charge of that area at the time liked the movie 'My Fair Lady'.

I thought he (Mr K) went to see it on Broadway :dunno:

You are absolutely correct DiRN....for those of you who haven't read the link that Dave so kindly posted, here is a short excerpt...

"The name "Fairlady" was given to the new sports car line by Mr. Katsuji Kawamata, President Of Nissan Motors Japan, after he attended the Broadway Musical "My Fair Lady" while visiting the US in 1958. He felt that the name would invoke an image of beauty for the car - because people would think of the beauty of the music and the leading lady in that Broadway Musical. "

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Shave the doors, take off the badges, fill the holes....I like body lines better than 'advertising'.

I wouldn't add or change a badge....Unless you're a 'Fair Lady' like Jinxxy.

Or a 'Z'-Nut.....like.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah I got it because of the story behind it... come on.. who doesn't like telling stories?!? :clap: Also a lot of people think my car is a "special edition car" from japan because of the badge. Its fun seeing different reactions

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I always get the is your car imported or special edition or something question

1 - 20 of 265 Posts