Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachmentid=12852]
These are going around $25 I wonder if they restrict air? it seems kind of wierd to have this on an open air filter what do you guys think>?
HYDRO SHIELD
Pre-Filter

KEY FEATURES:
- Available in RED, BLUE, BLACK
- Water Repellent Outer Coating
- Consistent Air Flow

Introducing a colorful piece of mind…
For that added protection during those unsure moments, Injen Technology’s
HYDRO-SHIELD PRE- FILTERS are race proven material manufactured
from highly durable polyester. Uniform micron openings allow the filtering of debris .005” or larger. The HYDRO-SHIELD PRE-FILTERS are factory treated using an embedded hydrophobic process, which offers consistent airflow, water repellency and maintains horsepower gains. (Please note that this item is water repellent, not water proof)
Snug and secure, the HYDRO-SHIELD PRE-FILTERS comes in various sizes and colors. Everyone should practice safe driving!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's weird. It looks more like a storage bag, maybe to keep it dry and clean while you work on the engine or have it stored for the winter. I think it's a waste of money. Looks too restrictive for an air filter.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Injen isnt advertising this a show item, this is acctually sold in there web store. I mean its supposed to be for practical use it just seems stupid to have an open air filter and then cover it with a breathable material. The ad above is from there website. I think i would be better off with a check valve or whatever its called inbetween the filter and plenium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts