Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this and other forums for this simple answer, what size type of tool do I need to remove the transmission drain plug?

·
Registered
150 Posts
*ERROR*

·
Registered
48 Posts
on my 240 it just uses the half inch drive from a 1/2inch rachet. I just put an extention on the rachet and used that. For the record i'm talking about the square that the socket pops on. I'll try to look under buddy's car and see if the 350 is the same way.

·
Registered
376 Posts
you need a large metric hex wrench. I can't think of the size it is though.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Where exactly is the plug located? I'm due to change the tranny fluid and I was going to bring it to the dealer but if it's not too difficult I might tackle it. Is there a write up on it?

·
Registered
376 Posts
The drain plug is on the bottom of the tranny near the driveline, I beleive. The fill plug should be on the pass. side of the tranny mid way. Both the fill plug and the drain plug look the same. you cant miss them.

·
Registered
909 Posts
[/quote]

Cool, thanks. This will save me some money doing it myself. I'll look at it tomorrow when I change my oil. I guess it's just a matter of getting the oil from the dealership.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I used Royal purple oil in the tranny. Redline is a good one also. You can pick it up at any good parts store. You will also need a small pump to get the fluid into the tranny. But it is VERY easy and will save you some cash.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use royal purple. It's somewhat expensive but how often do you really change your tranny oil. I noticed my car shifts smooth and a slight increase in milage. This is from experience w/ my 240, make sure you have the right size gear oil pump and that you can remove the fill plug before you pull the drain plug. On the 240 you can remove the shifter and pour the oil in from there. Don't spill any, it smells horrible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts