Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

441 - 454 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
To be honest I had never heard of them either until a buddy of mine mentioned them. And by no means am I racing, just some spirited driving. I was super skeptical at first but I trust him... More or less. From what I gathered there a fairly new brand, and I believe the springs are 7k front 8k rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
Been driving my Z a lot in the past few days for this holiday weekend including going out to a winery out in the country. Sent some bugs to the afterlife, so I need to clean the Z. I'm pretty sure it's going to be cleaned today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought a 2003 Z last month.

Fix Air conditioning ( inside sensor was unplugged )
Changed aftermarket Head units to a more recent one with bluetooth. ( had to wire the mic thru the dash)
Changed both Front lower Ball Joint using a Autozone ball joint removal master kit. took 30min a piece.
Changed both Front Rotors and pads.

Next: I need to change suspension (dampers are almost gone, lowered springs are eating my bushing away), Fix tire size (got 245/35R18 in front, need 255/40R18 to fix incorrect slip function),

Happy wrenching yall !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just finished installed a set of stance xr1 oem type. Height set 1/2 inch below oem specs. Those are 12k front 10k rear. For a DD those are very comfortable. I set then at 8 clicks for break-in. Will see if I can stand it being so high for now.

I have a invidia gemini exhaust and a set of berks hfc to install next .( waiting for pb blaster to "unrust" cat to header bolts.��)

I am also waiting for my es bushing to arrive and will be wrenching more.
For a small sports car, this car is surprising easy to work on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Berk HFC and Nvidia Gemini Exhaust

Ok, Took me 8 hours to

1. Lift the car high and securely on Jack Stand. (1hr) ( I didn't want anything to move so I took my time )
2. Remove rusted (looks like OEM exhaust including Cats with holes) ( 4hrs)
3. Install Berks cats ( the wideband O2 extra plug is preventing to use sockets on what should have been a easy access one ) (1 hr).
4. Install Gemini Exhaust ( The X part need to be installed to the resonators pipes before attaching to the CAT. There is no room to install them if the pipes are installed first) (2hr)

First startup. Big smoke and smell coming out of the pipe at both idle and revup. Ok, must be the oil inside the pipes. Will see if it goes away in a few days. (so far no leaks at all)

Now, after I lowered it , I went on a test drive and OMG The car feels awesome ! IT's alive ! It is ALIVE!

Thank you all in this site to enable a peasant like me to do work on this wonderful machine. Without all the DIY, I am sure I wouldn't have bought this car in the first place.

I am going to take a break from wrenching. My wife is getting jealous of me spending too much time with my second wife.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I haven't driven my car much this year. I keep it in storage during the winter and put around 2K on it during the driving season. It's now over 11 years old but still looks like I bought it a few months ago. The other day I was waiting at a red light and a guy in a Volvo stopped way before the line of waiting cars in the next lane just to look my car over. It has 47K miles now.

The only thing that bugs me about my car is the soft surface on the radio and storage compartment that is where a nav system could be installed. The black rubber stuff is slowly scratching and coming off (even the knobs and buttons). I have been thinking of putting brushed aluminum dynoc vinyl on it and the door handles but do not know where I could get some. It's seems very hard to find. But I guess that is what I would be doing with my car lately to answer the question indirectly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I washed it, drove it, and poked my head in there to see where my oil leak was coming from. Passenger forward-most bolt in the valve cover was the source, was able to get a little over a full turn and a half out of it. Torqued it to spec, hoping for no more oil! (Bought the car 3 days ago, so the valve cover bolt being loose is fortunately not my mistake)

:cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fixing the partly failed installation of a Sony Head unit I did last weekend.
1) Aha! - there is an antenna amplifier that needs power!

2) Handbrake connection? Who needs that? It turns out that Android Auto refuses to install unless it feels "safe", i.e. can sense that the handbrake is on.
So here we go again ripping out everything.

I have lived with a Chinese Android-based head unit a couple of years now, It was fun to have Waze and Spotify directly in the unit, but I hope to get a better experience with Android Auto. And at the time I wish someone has explained to me that you need a converter between a non-Bose head unit and the Bose power amp in the rear. Now I know that. Newcomers please be ware!

441 - 454 of 454 Posts