Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

421 - 440 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I finally bought all the parts for the interior.....center cubby door..and top center console ...now my z looks brand new inside,,,,It wasent easy to replace....but finally after 90 minutes its finally done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Blew my diff bushing in sub frame. Bought energy suspension sub frame bushings, spl solid differential mount bushings, and Z1 trans mount. Got all that installed but need engine mounts from Z1, who were out of stock of the engine mounts. Hope I get it this week.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got mine tinted..today..added indash dvd player....My z has a frost interior..the back cross bar area..i bought and replaced all the parts to black...to match the exterior color black pearl

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
haven't done one of these for a while, but got rid of the plastic undertray on my 370Z and got a zspeed one instead. had one on my old 350z and love it so I figured I would get one for my 370

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
I want one of those undertrays badly. Should have gone with that group buy when it happened last year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I changed my oil lol. nothing special but my car could have been done for if i didn't do it today. pretty sure my piston rings are going badd

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yesterday.....

Yesterday, after a few weeks finally replacing lower controls and ball joints, I washed my car and then took her to get aligned and put new front tires on. Apparently my car was so far out of alignment their machine couldn't read it. XD

·
Registered
408 Posts
Installed carbon fiber headlight shadow trim on the front bumper.
Saw these advertised on ebay.Previously bought some CF from the same
vendor,ZCF.
They were super easy to put on.The pieces on the car in person look much better than the ad pic.
Gives my Z's stock bumper a new look.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Long awaited spring mods

I will take my car in for Summer tires, new pedals, upgrade to full LED replacements for all lighting, replace headlamp housing, install backup camera and then start major Spring clean and buff. Winter's finally over!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sealed over the top windshield strip seal with black glass sealant.

I was paranoid the water would be getting in under the wind shield and into the A pillar possibly during a wash or when raining.

It's a small issue but quite common I have discovered. To get it fixed properly I was advised they would need to re-seal the wind shield again however there is a chance the windshield would break during the procedure and I will need to buy a new windshield.

I applied 3 beads of sealant and smoothed it over and pressed the sealant in with a rubber glove on. Looks almost factory. Cost....25 cents.

Happy days.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Installed a set of carbon fiber inside door barrel covers.
Been meaning to. Cover the scratches on my barrels.
Easy install.
Got e'm on ebay from a company called ZCFcovers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
replaced my LHF wheel bearing.
road test yesterday left me grinning, the 70-80kmh+ oscillation was gone!!!

i am sure our cars arent meant to only be driven to 60kmh so this repair has given me more confidence in not only higher freeway speeds but in my own workmanship, although i swore off on not working on cars this year. the saving of close to $1k was too tempting.

it was really strange the failure was barely audibly from the bearing with the wheel on but on removing the wheel and spinning the hub i could hear a light "tick tick" sound from the bearing. there was zero play however under weight load that may have been a different story. compared to the brand new bearing there is no sound at all.

with the $$$ savings i can take the wife to dinner and purchase an annual subscription to my favorite car magazine...happy days!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
DGR Coilover install

Well guys, I decided to install My DGR coilovers. There are a few good DIY install videos out there already so i didnt feel the need to make my own, just wanted to show the coils, a few pics, and answer any questions if you have any.
These Coils have the true coil setup in the front, and a seperate shock/spring combo in the rear.
-initial impression of the coils was good. Packaged well, clear instruction booklet.

-install really was pretty simple. Prepare yourself if you dont know what your doing, watch the videos, read DIY's, etc...youll pick up some cool tricks. Also, have some decent tools to break those bolts free. I did the front 2 on a thursday afternoon, and the rears the next morning. All-in-All ide say 6 hours for the install, another 6 or so adjusting and tweaking. remember this would of gone a lot faster if i had a buddy helping out.

-I first put them on as close to stock height as i could get them, then adjusted from there. I have some before pics, need to get some good ones after the drop, and ill upload those in the next couple of days.

-I installed them on Full soft at first, just to test the waters and see the ride characteristics. After my alignment, she drives like a charm. No bounce on full soft, but still stiff enough to come in to turns pretty hot. good for Dailying, which i DO daily my Z. that said, i turned em to full stiff and man.....:grin::grin::grin: its butter baby. Dont get me wrong, there is some bounce, but **** ill take it.

-Car drives so good. responsiveness is way better, almost 0 body roll, i feel comfortable at very high entrance speeds. Overall i am extrememly satisfied with the performance upgrade these coils provided me over stock. if your willing to "sacrifice" a little bit of comfort, and gain a signifigant amount of handling, get some coils. Well see how these hold up and ill update if anything changes.

Attachments

421 - 440 of 456 Posts