Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 454 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
QUOTE (Pumpkinhead @ May 31 2009, 01:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=576977
How did the paddle shifters hold up to all that "spirited" driving? :shiftdrive:
actually, they worked pretty good. though what really sucks is when you get stuck behind a couple of cruiser bikes that obviously were being dicks and going slow.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Steve350z, how was the "swine flu" down in the smokies? I'm taking the Z and possibly have someone trailer a bike down for a week mid month, and heard the cops are terrible right now, any truth to that? Just on the dragon, or the entire smokies? I plan on just hitting the dragon once, maybe twice the entire week, then rolling south to georgia for some beautiful twisties.

Oh btw, to stay on thread topic, I'm not driving my Z today, instead, I'm gonna run off what's left on a bike so I can have new tread for my tennessee trip in a couple weeks :dance:

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Jun 1 2009, 08:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=577043
I ran into Andi and her BF and he put the paddle shifters on his ZR as well.........he loves them, and I'm really really considering them as well.......:OMG: Doug will :faint: since I have some "self body mods" going on in teh belleh right now :hide2: :rolf2: LOL!
You pregnant?

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
QUOTE (F4i Caveman @ Jun 1 2009, 09:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=577055
Steve350z, how was the "swine flu" down in the smokies? I'm taking the Z and possibly have someone trailer a bike down for a week mid month, and heard the cops are terrible right now, any truth to that? Just on the dragon, or the entire smokies? I plan on just hitting the dragon once, maybe twice the entire week, then rolling south to georgia for some beautiful twisties.

Oh btw, to stay on thread topic, I'm not driving my Z today, instead, I'm gonna run off what's left on a bike so I can have new tread for my tennessee trip in a couple weeks :dance:
other said there was cops, i never saw one.

oh, i also did my post-zdayz bug removal today

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
QUOTE (Steve350Z @ Jun 1 2009, 12:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=577025
actually, they worked pretty good. though what really sucks is when you get stuck behind a couple of cruiser bikes that obviously were being dicks and going slow.

QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Jun 1 2009, 06:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=577043
I ran into Andi and her BF and he put the paddle shifters on his ZR as well.........he loves them, and I'm really really considering them as well....... :OMG: Doug will :faint: since I have some "self body mods" going on in teh belleh right now :hide2: :rolf2: LOL!
I really want to get a set as well, but I think I would go for a Valve Body upgrade as well if I took the plunge. Of course then that starts a very slippery slope. Like a transmission cooler, and.......... :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
138 Posts
This morning I did a little maintenance on the fuel filler door. Ever couple of years mine gets cranky and requires a couple of pushes of the release button before it pops open. I know there is a slightly stronger hinge spring and set of rubber bumpers available to remedy this, but I can’t be bothered to drive back and forth to the dealership to order/pickup parts. My homebrew cure is to place a dab of super-slippery silicon grease on the area of the hinge arm where the leaf style spring slides against in order to propel it open. I also adjusted the hinge and bumpers to get the door in perfect alignment with the rear body panel. Working on the fuel door reminded me that the tank is empty and the car has been running on fumes for the last few days, so I made a note to stop for gas first thing. Since today is already becoming a hot sunny day, I put the top down while still in the garage. One thing about driving a Z roadster with its top down, it puts you on display, so I always feel that I must gussy up on those days. I changed out of my ‘doing car maintenance’ tee and shorts for more girly-girl duds, and headed out.

At the gas station, an older gent in a new 911 Carrera 4 S Cabriolet complemented me on the clean and shinny condition of my car. Besides the Z, the 911 all-wheel drive S in a convertible model is my all time dream car, so I had a million questions about it. He offered to take me for a spin and buy coffee. As an added inducement, he presented the possibility of me getting a chance to drive it a bit. Getting to drive a new sports car is always a deal clincher for me, so the Z was relegated to a parking area and off we went. He drove through traffic for a few miles to a two-lane coastal road and turned the wheel over to me. The 911 is the perfect blend of a lush sophistication, a visceral mechanical feel to the controls and the huge dose of exhaust and engine wail one expects in a proper sports car.

We had coffee on the terrace of a little yacht club and it turns out my gent is newly retired from an industry I’m interested in.

So, all in all a great morning, my fuel door now obeys my order to pop open smartly, I did a little networking, and got to experience a super car.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Jun 1 2009, 08:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=577043
I ran into Andi and her BF and he put the paddle shifters on his ZR as well.........he loves them, and I'm really really considering them as well....... :OMG: Doug will :faint: since I have some "self body mods" going on in teh belleh right now :hide2: :rolf2: LOL!
I say doooo eeeeeettt!!!!! He's got plenty of toys for himself lately, so now you can do it.

QUOTE (Robert_K @ Jun 1 2009, 09:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=577056
You pregnant?
I swear it wasn't me. :hide:

·
Registered
341 Posts
WOW....its not everyday somebody lets you drive their Porsche......I'm jealous...

I've not did anything to the Z today....its supposed to rain all week, so I'm not thrilled about driving her anyway in all that mess. The roads suck down here in Kentucky will all the coal trucks and stuff, so you can't keep it clean even if ya washed it twice a day. To make matters worse, my Z is black. Oh well, at least it can look good setting in my driveway after a good wash and wax.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I drove mine to work today......

....though...ask me again Saturday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well..after I evicted the mice, replaced the headliner, and cleaned the Z from tip to tail.....I decided to put on the new rotors I bought......just some "cheap" stockers that someone drilled and slotted. Figured it would be a cheap "upgrade" until I can buy the big brake kit.

Well..in typical "Pete (me)" luck one side (passanger) was SLICK! Came appart no prob....all parts looked good (heck...30k miles on a 2003...it better look good) and put it back together.....

So last night....It was nice out in MN....the Twins were playing the A's (I could work late listening to the game) and I still have a BUNCH of beer in the keg! (Dos X) A dream right? Well..drivers side here I come! Pulled the car OUT of the garage (again..nice out) and I'll work on it outside!

Some how.....the pin rusted IN THE calaper mouting bracket and was IN there! I mean I tried every thing.....finally I got out the 1/4" cobalt drill bit and drilled the ******* out......OK....It's a temp fix.....but I can drive it for a few weeks until I can buy a new mounting bracket......just need a new pin......

Hey....my local dealer is open till 12AM....I'll call them.......

Find out.....the bracket can NOT be bought by itself......you HAVE to buy the whole **** "kit"......Calaper....bracket......pins.....$300+ WHAT THE.......you know......

So I'll just buy the pin by itself and again limp along until I can find someone with a spare bracket! (Some one placed a big brake kit on the car and has extra parts....I bet!)

Yup..the "pin" is in stock according to my dealer....a few beers in me..but I'm ok to drive......

Get up there to find a BOLT on the counter waiting for me....clearly a BOLT.....not a "pin". Hey..I'm NOT a parts guy..but I bet ANYONE who works on their car knows the diff between a caliper PIN and a 1 1/2" long BOLT! But the parts guys is a nice guy so I will just go home.....and go to bed.....the "nice parts guys" said it would be in today.....

So I get a call today....it's in...but as the "nice parts guy" said......"It doesn't look like the one you brought in last night"......So.....once again I am screwed!

The good news is I found a guy on eBay who has the SET (both sides) of rear brakes (the kit) used for $90! $60 for the units....$30 for shipping.....What? $30 for SHIPPING? Come on......UPS ground.....what can Brown do for me? I guess the seller can make money off me...thats what......

So.....I am SO flipping angry! Had to vent....that's what I did today! :xZ!o:

·
5,437 Posts
^^ Looks like the mod a bunch of thieves did to my S2000 a few months ago. Only they cut a hole in my roof and removed my steering wheel too.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I washed the Z today. It's been a while since I washed her, but she's been in the garage for most of the time. It didn't take me long since she's usually clean. :waxing:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I looked at her longingly, caressing her curves with my eyes, feeling the butterflies in my stomach, hormones arage with.... nevermind. I just looked at her today.

21 - 40 of 454 Posts