Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Arco because it is the cheapest, but Cheveron is my all time Favorite. everytime i fill up with cheveron my car runs smoother, quieter and has more power, but I loose miles per gallon with that gas.

I'm over here in southern california and to me it seems that cheveron gas is good stuff.

Arco gets me more miles per gallon but the car does not run as smooth with arco.

Everybody lives in different areas so you're cheveron gas might suck.

So what does everyone use????? daily????????

And what is you're favorite brand of gasoline??????????????

by the way when i had my honda and my acura i felt the same difference in those cars also!!!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are lucky all we got over here is crappy 91 octane.
but out of all the choices cheveron works best over here.
ha i knew there would be different answers in different areas and states!!
Do you're Z's noticably run better with those brands!! Can you tell a difference??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Chevron, Texaco, or Mobil...91 octane...

and yes, I have noticed that I got better gas mileage in Wa than in Ca...don't know if it's the weather, or what..

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I either fill up at Sam's Club or Shell gas stations with 93 octane. I can't tell a difference in the way the car runs, no matter what gas I put in it. As long as it's 93 octane, it's ready to roll. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I run the BP 93 (the clear gas) It probably doesn't make any difference but it being clear makes me feel better:D

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I run 94 octane when I can........but if it's a matter of gasing up or running empty, whatever I can get at the time (no less than 93 octane ever)

I use the "getgo" sometimes, each $50 you spend at Giant Eagle (grocery store) you get 10cents off each gallon with your "advantage card", sometimes I get 80 or 90 cents off each gallon bc we spend a lot at the grocery store ! Saves a bunch!~ :cheers:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Been running on Shell or Exxon (93) at $2.56 per gallon. both mpg about the same. Crown and BJs is cheaper but mpg is about 2-3 miles less.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I use 93 Chevron consistently for $<strike>2.43 a gallo</strike>, <strike>I mean $2.44 a ga</strike>, sorry, <strike>$2.54 a gal</strike>

Anyway, I tried using Shell V-Power 93 Octane as well, and I did not feel a performance difference, but the gas mileage seemed to suffer.

·
Registered
728 Posts

shell is full of detergents. Not what I want for my car.

Around my area, BP is the best. We don't have sunoco, so I cannot comment, but Shell is not a gasoline I would recommend due to the amount of detergents used.

Also, if you can find a 92+ non oxy gas, you can give that a try. A few marathon stations carry it around my area. Try getting in touch with some classic car groups as they should have info on where to find it.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
shell is full of detergents. Not what I want for my car.

Around my area, BP is the best. We don't have sunoco, so I cannot comment, but Shell is not a gasoline I would recommend due to the amount of detergents used.

I take it you don't like fuels that are actively removing deposits? Would you care to expand on why you do not want such detergents to aid in cleaning the valves and fuel injectors?

http://www.izoom.com/shellsurvey.html

·
Registered
728 Posts
I take it you don't like fuels that are actively removing deposits? Would you care to expand on why you do not want such detergents to aid in cleaning the valves and fuel injectors?

http://www.izoom.com/shellsurvey.html

All gasolines will have detergents, but from my experience, the shell gas is a bit excessive. I want gasoline, not a bunch of detergents. In my area, we have summer fuel and winter fuel. You can search around and find that winter fuel is not as good as the summer blends. The winter fuels have more deteregents and such. Think of a gasoline like BP as summer fuel and the shell as a winter fuel.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Amoco- now BP.

Would like to use Sunoco but they have so few stations in Ga -Tenn- NC it is not possible :banghead:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
All gasolines will have detergents, but from my experience, the shell gas is a bit excessive. I want gasoline, not a bunch of detergents. In my area, we have summer fuel and winter fuel. You can search around and find that winter fuel is not as good as the summer blends. The winter fuels have more deteregents and such. Think of a gasoline like BP as summer fuel and the shell as a winter fuel.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts