Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I am going to put the baby into hibernation for the winter. Can you tell me how to properly prepare him?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Thanks I found it. Going to do what you said to. And yes we here in Wisconsin have mice too.....LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think i'm just gonna sit lay some eggs and wait for some chicks to hatch!! But seriously, i'm just gonna o wintoer mods like exhaust, turbo back, and the summer will be rims suspension and exterior.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Did I mention not to wash your Z when the temp is close to zero degrees outside? :ahhh:

Very bad things happen... :nono:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:bump:

for those that are getting ready....

They are forecasting sn*w next week for somewhere around here...

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
:bump:

for those that are getting ready....

They are forecasting sn*w next week for somewhere around here...
SNOW, really? SNOW? :) You Northern types have all the fun.

Temps in the mid 50º range here in the morning......Brrrrrrr.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It is 38 degrees here atm, with rain turning to snow by late afternoon! Winter has come, we are going to have lows in the high teens, low 20's by mid week... burr

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
SNOW, really? SNOW? :) You Northern types have all the fun.

Temps in the mid 50º range here in the morning......Brrrrrrr.
Yeah, I'm getting those temps now.

It is 38 degrees here atm, with rain turning to snow by late afternoon! Winter has come, we are going to have lows in the high teens, low 20's by mid week... burr
ouch.... sucks to be you

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Old Man Winter is busy somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
From what I can gather Googling .. the Winters in Columbia SC is relatively mild interrumpted by occasional Winter type weather. Guess I will get a tarp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I picked up my Z this past July, but now comes a headache of getting it ready to hibernate. I have heard many therories and methods about keeping her away and I just want to make sure (from my fellow Z-Nuts) that what I am doing is correct.

1) First things first, My fairlady will be kept in a garage over the winter time

2) Clean Oil change will be done, It is nearly 4 K since the last change anyway.

3) Fuel tank will be topped up, and I will be adding fuel stabalizer
( I don't know how much or what kind to use, Suggestions please! )

4) Every week or so I will start up the Z, and wait for it to warm up and then rev the engine to get everything lubercated.

5) Every week jack the car up and rotate the tires 180 degrees to prevent flat spots.

If I have missed anything, please feel free to flame me.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts