This is Smooth's winter routine from above. It's pretty much the consensus for what people do during the winter
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Oct 6 2004, 10:00 AM
As for winterizing, here's what I normally do (or did):
1. Full detail including waxing the wheels.
2. Apply fabric softener sheets in engine bay (deters mice).
3. Stuff a small rag in each exhaust tip, then wrap with plastic sandwich bag & rubber band (keeps out mice and moisture).
4. Ensure that everything that doesn't need to be in the car is taken out.
5. Take out battery and place on wooden block (do not leave on concrete).
6. If you have a car cover, use it. Or several soft blankets.
Sometimes, I have been known to put the car on jackstands and take off the wheels. However, other times I will just let the car sit and pull it out into the driveway for a few minutes of idling. If the streets are super dry and the sun is out, I might take it for a drive (temps on these types of days are usually -30F or colder).