Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get tried like a free sample every day on my way to work by this red neon and my cars new so no runnin for me yet i just wanna know. i mean no matter what to me its still a neon so even if it can kick my but i feel better that i have a true sports car and not a economy 4 door passanger car on roids. Please help

*** srt is stock or so i see the blow off isnt loud at all ***

·
Registered
790 Posts
turbo neon - I guess it is hard to see the intercooler if you are behind it all the time. Just kidding. Check out the Dodge website. Kind of a interesting car.

~Z~

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
you got nothing to lose , go for it...
I believe its a driver's race , stock for stock your Z should have a slight advantage ... if he's modded -
bye bye Z

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was shopping for a car magazine for a friend of mine and I saw it on a cover of one of the magazines. It said it haves 400 HP factory built. That's a **** of a lot of power for a factory built neon. Anyway, I hate american cars. Imports rule

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by juanjo_z@Oct 12 2004, 09:33 PM
I was shopping for a car magazine for a friend of mine and I saw it on a cover of one of the magazines.  It said it haves 400 HP factory built.  That's a **** of a lot of power for a factory built neon.  Anyway, I hate american cars.  Imports rule 

Eh, no. The following info is factory specs:

2.4 liter turbocharged 16-valve DOHC engine
230 horsepower
250 lb.-ft. of torque
0-60 in 5.8 seconds
New Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing (ATB) differential
And here's the link: SRT-4

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Too much sun today...

So when they say factory built, I'm guessing they literally mean it comes out with 400hp from the Dodge plant. That's hard to believe. I've seen some kickass SRT-4's at the drags, but those were modded after the fact.

I'm not going to even think about messing around with any car unless I have a tt kit now!

And yes, I do feel tired beyond belief. Sorry if I offended anybody. :goodtimes:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I guess your brain figured it could take the day off since you were too.

I'm guessing Mopar has their hand in the 400hp SRT-4</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Dirn, this one's for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as soon as i get 1200 miles on it i will do it.

and i will keep ya posted on it

but geez 400 hp the cars light too.

the site said it has 230 and 0-60 in 5.8

we do 0-60 in 5.3? right?

not off by much.
i gotta practice my driving skills cuz well i dont know if yall know but i learned how to drive stick the day i got the car
now i am good its like a second nature but i havent raced yet so ill be reading that driving style thread.

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Agree with Dirn. 5.3 can be done if you are the driver that appears in The Run DVD. Which by the way is awesome

·
Registered
53 Posts
They under rate this car all the time, like when it came out said it had 215 to the crank and a mag dynoed the car when they got there hands on it and it made 218whp so who knows i wouldn't mind running into one.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
with an exhaust , srt sounds very mean..
check out srtforums.com... dont be suprised if you get flamed for owning a Z... hate to say it , but plenty of people over there are acting immature..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">What?? Immature SRT-4 owners? You mean their decent upon Motoring wasn't just a freak occurence?
</span>

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
'Immature' -well, the SRT-4 a young man's car....& won't be around till middle age. It's like everything else I looked at on the way to buying my Z, just not quite the mix I wanted...They are easily modded & have several stages of factory options -so the economically challenged can get speed on the pmt. plan.

I like RWD & I want a car that will last longer than the pmts. & that's two strikes against the Neon, Leon. Flame for dat, kiddo.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts