Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my Nov 2016 Nissan 370Z coupe in the driving rainfor 2 hours last Tuesday and the car leaked somewhere. When I returned tothe car after the rain stopped, all was apparently bone dry inside but when Ipulled my seatbelt out to put it on it was dripping wet coming off the reelpresumably. The passenger side belt was dry. While parked, therewere strong winds pushing the rain against the driver’s side only.

On Thursday I took it to Nissan who pulled it down to someextent, exposing the reel but they found nothing and apparently no sign even ofwater, including under carpets, etc. I had pulled the wet belt out andtied it off on the steering wheel overnight to dry it and there was water underthe car presumably drained from the reel enclosure/compartment. So thewater was gone when inspected. No charge though, as the car remains underextended Nissan warranty.

Not sure what else if anything, I should do. Itobviously doesn’t happen very often – this is the first time in my ownership ofthe demonstrator I bought a couple of years ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts