Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems these morons are coming to a school nearby to protest the schools teaching of tolerance. Sigh......
Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Hilliard school | The Columbus Dispatch
I'm trying to convince folks that ignoring them would be the best tact but of course, that is not going to happen. Then again, those loons have a track record of saying they are coming just to get everyone riled up and feed the publicity machine, and then not showing up at all. One can only hope.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
This is a tough one for me. I want to protect their rights to organize and speak freely about what they believe but at the same time, they are tactless, classless, hateful, ignorant people who's message deserves to be silenced. It's a tough question to ask: when should your rights be trumped by decency? There's an infinite number of answers to that one.

As you said, ignoring them is the best thing to do if we wanna make them go away but that won't happen because it requires 100% participation. Posting their nonsense on a car forum is definitely not a good first step! :p :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
I think it would be freaking great if they set up on the school grounds and got arrested :lol: I'm in the land of the baptists and nothing against religion but all the whack jobs are baptists.

·
4,328 Posts
Unfortunately, these jackasses are one of the small prices we pay to live in a free society.

-Ronin Z

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had to protect these idiots while they protested here in KC. Their game is have a so called protest, but it is nothing more than them trying to aggravate the crowd into attacking them. Then you discover this "church" has one leader who is a minister, but the other 20 members are his family and they are all lawyers. All they want to do is sue people for attacking them, thus they make money. And they call it a church. I do not think there is a member of the church who is not a member of their family.

I am all for the right of free speech. However, it is hard to understand how they can walk around with signs so graphic and disgusting that I would not allow children around them.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm surprised no one is investigating them for all kinds of federal violations. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll defend their right to be there all day long but I will also defend my right to label them asshats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts