Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Dyno yesterday.

Car: 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 6sp
Mods: None
Dyno: Dynojet
Whp: 232.88
Torque: 226.36
Uncorrected {6000'}: 192.84 whp 187.44 Torque

I'm waiting to scan the print out and getting the vid from my buddy. Went to say thanks to Mac Autosport in Parker, Co. Awesome people and shop.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... Thats one reason I went now, to see the gains. Plus if was only $45 for 3 pulls and minor tuning if needed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I continue to be amazed at the effect of atmospheric conditions. Looking at your uncorrected numbers, I'd swear you had dyno'ed a new Civic Si. :)

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks... I went in there thinking 230. So I was happy. Can't wait to get to sea level and get those 40 horses back.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:clap: Bravo on getting a dyno before any modding. Now you can say, "Release the hounds!"

So what's first?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First is...

Fixing up my house. Might be moving in a year or two so need to get the house fixed up to make money. But I have been looking at an exhaust and maybe so type of a/f control.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was going to fill up on some 100 octane but I wanted the number on 91 daily driving fuel.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I was going to fill up on some 100 octane but I wanted the number on 91 daily driving fuel.
You shouldn't put anything less than 93 in the Z.

I dyno'ed with 100 octane after mods. I don't think the timing was advanced far enough to take advantage of the better fuel. I only got 3 more whp.

I'm still working on getting the Z tuned...

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well 93 isn't offered up here in the higher altitude. Also after reading the manual I could run 85 octane but I choose not too.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You are not going to benefit from higher octane fuel unless you also play with your air fuel and timing, what the higher octane fuel does for you is allow you to run higher timing and leaner AF ratio which is why you can get more power not just because it has higher octane.

·
Registered
588 Posts
You are not going to benefit from higher octane fuel unless you also play with your air fuel and timing, what the higher octane fuel does for you is allow you to run higher timing and leaner AF ratio which is why you can get more power not just because it has higher octane.
Timing was advanced 2-3 degrees with 100 octane. I hear that it could have been advanced 6-8 degrees.

I'm still working on tuning it.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm eyeing an AFC. I did drop below 13a/f around 4500 rpms

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you guys think it possible to get 300whp N/A?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Do you guys think it possible to get 300whp N/A?
Sure, you would be looking at adding a few mods. One idea would be to do exhaust, high flow cats/test pipes, plenum, headers, engine management system, tilton flywheel (8.5 pounds), maybe even the 3.9 gears, and you should be at least @ 300 WHP.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Base numbers are great, they really let you see the effect of your future mods! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts