Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I am getting ready to leave work and weve got a pretty good snowstorm going on right now. I guess I should have got some snow tires already. Ive got about a 28 mile drive home, hope I make it in one piece. Weatherman finally got it right :headshake:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Good luck on the drive home and be careful!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
:fish: that s*** word is a bannable offense.................Just kidding, don't say it more than 3 times or it will happen--just like beetlegeise...

Good luck, stay safe, and if you have to pull over and wait till they come by and plow the road....Z's don't like to go in the snow....

Where are you BTW????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just outside Chicago, yeah still here,decided to try and wait it out but its not supposed to stop till 8. I wish I had my camera with me, its really coming down now. Oh revised forcast now, 5 to 8"

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
put a case or 2 of paper in the trunk should help!

last winter, I cut a round piece of plywood the the inside size of the rim of the spare tire, i put body side molding around the edge and felt on the top. got a 50lb round barbell weight and placed it on top of the plywood. Also drilled a hole through the plywood. Then I got a long bolt to replace the holddown bolt, a flat washer (with a battery post washer - felt), and secured it to the spare tire hold down.

drove all around without issue after in the NJ snow last winter (which was plenty). the hold down kept the weight from shifting during turns/breaking.

hope it helps someone, cant wait for the snow!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
No, it won't be fun. I've driven the Z32 in heavy snow before....ugh. I felt as if I was doing the State a favor by plowing the streets for them for free.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I suggest all snowies get a nylon tow rope.....I keep one in the car after I got stuck in the grass following Hurricane Frances.......It sure comes in handy........

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
The first night I ever drove my Z was from Danbury CT to NYC, and then NYC to NH (back to college). The first leg of the trip went fine, the second leg I encountered moderate snowfall on the highway, and eventually got STUCK on a slight incline in 1/4" of SLUSH. Thankfully, that happened just as I made it to campus, so I simply reversed down the hill and found alternate parking lol

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Nov 24 2004, 03:45 PM
:fish: that s*** word is a bannable offense.................Just kidding, don't say it more than 3 times or it will happen--just like beetlegeise...

snow, snow, snow :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That happened to me last winter, I went and bought a Jeep the next day. Hope you made it home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts