Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I feel that I m getting better, Just need to get all this settled. I have been looking at other car options, and really like the Pontaic Solstice GXP. What do you think?
Glad your feeling better.

The Solstice is a kewl ride, but remember it's a GM product so the reliability and resale will not be as good as a Nissan.
But because it is a GM, it is easier and cheaper to modify and repair.

Don't get me wrong, I have a 1968 Chevelle SS396, so I'm a fan of Older GM's.
I'm just not impressed with American cars over the last 20 years.
Right now I own a 2003 Mazda-6 V6 and the 350Z.
I know the Mazda has a Ford engine block, but it's been a good car.

I've been seeing a lot more of the Solstice's and it's sister, the Saturn Sky, and they are not too bad looking. They have that Fat Roadster look. I like them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update pics, I got the car to my shop and was able to take better pics. I have been removing parts slowly.

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
UPDATE!
I had to hire a lawyer to handle the medical portion and I found out that I have to go through some physical therapy for a month or so. I settled on my Z and they gave me the max they could for my coverage. Cause the actual person who hit me's insurance company doesn't think their client is at fault yet due that they still haven't gotten a hold of him. It's been almost a month and thats why I hired a lawyer. After my car was settled I had enough left over to put a down payment on my new car. And ladies and gentlemen, I bid the 350z farewell and bought my soul back from ****.. I bought a 2008 Pontaic Solstice GXP. I like the car a lot! My first turbo'd and convertible car. It's awesome and very fast. And this time I got accept for the GAP insurance, so if some other jackass decides to turn in font of me again and I survive at least my car will be paid off. And that it has onstar, cell phone built in, and xm. blah blah blah blah. And it puts down 18lbs of boost! insane! anyways. I will miss owning and driving a Z. I just don't get the same type of cars again. And I went through **** this past year for what I did do to it. WHICH IRONICALLY, my car is in the ATLANTA Coverage in DUB mag September issue. CHECK IT OUT!!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
I feel that I m getting better, Just need to get all this settled. I have been looking at other car options, and really like the Pontaic Solstice GXP. What do you think?
Those are really cool looking cars. But after an accident like that it would be hard for me to justify an even smaller car. IMO
I wouldn't want to think of what might have happened to you if you were in a solstice instead of your Z. It could have been even worse.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car, but at least you're here to drive another day and another car.

With regards to the solstice, IMO the Sky looks better and has a turbo rather than a supercharger IIRC. Then I guess it just comes down to whether or not you want to drive a drop top.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car, but at least you're here to drive another day and another car.

With regards to the solstice, IMO the Sky looks better and has a turbo rather than a supercharger IIRC. Then I guess it just comes down to whether or not you want to drive a drop top.
They're both turbo. With the exception of styling, the cars are identical.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
THanks. It's been a fun car so far. It' reminds me of the Z when I first got it. Yeah you could get parts for it but there were only a few and they wanted a lot for them. And the smallest upgrades that I have seen put down some serious HP and torque. But yeah At least I got an 08 so I can enjoy next year still claiming it's brand new car:) I have only had it a week and I have almost 500 miles on it. lol

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Holy ****! Sorry to hear about the accident. I know you were building up your baby in the best way. Good luck with the next car and hopefully a speedy recovery for you!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
UPDATE!
I had to hire a lawyer to handle the medical portion and I found out that I have to go through some physical therapy for a month or so. I settled on my Z and they gave me the max they could for my coverage. Cause the actual person who hit me's insurance company doesn't think their client is at fault yet due that they still haven't gotten a hold of him. It's been almost a month and thats why I hired a lawyer. After my car was settled I had enough left over to put a down payment on my new car. And ladies and gentlemen, I bid the 350z farewell and bought my soul back from ****.. I bought a 2008 Pontaic Solstice GXP. I like the car a lot! My first turbo'd and convertible car. It's awesome and very fast. And this time I got accept for the GAP insurance, so if some other jackass decides to turn in font of me again and I survive at least my car will be paid off. And that it has onstar, cell phone built in, and xm. blah blah blah blah. And it puts down 18lbs of boost! insane! anyways. I will miss owning and driving a Z. I just don't get the same type of cars again. And I went through **** this past year for what I did do to it. WHICH IRONICALLY, my car is in the ATLANTA Coverage in DUB mag September issue. CHECK IT OUT!!
18 lbs of boost!? ****... they aren't messing around with that one

21 - 37 of 37 Posts