Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno, its probably nothing...but does anyone else have the car make a weird noise for like 2/3 seconds when turning the key half way? Not actually starting the engine..

Best way i can describe it is as if im putting fuel into the car (i guess)...but it comes from the front, lasts for 2/3 seconds

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Its your fuel pump. Correct starting procedure is turn key to accessory (one click before ignition), wait for pump to stop, then go to ignition.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Really? I always thought it was the fusion reactor spooling up and dumping spent uranium into the EGR valve... :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 25 2005, 09:22 AM
:thumbsup:  Yep it's the fuel pump!
[snapback]149192[/snapback]​

Totally normal, if you don't hear that then you may have a problem.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 25 2005, 09:25 AM
Really?  I always thought it was the fusion reactor spooling up and dumping spent uranium into the EGR valve... :dunno:
[snapback]149194[/snapback]​

It is...on mine. :lmfao:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another noise question :p

what is it that makes that high pitched squeeling noise when car is on idle.....sounds like it comes from the rear, didnt notice it at first, but now its bugging me lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 25 2005, 07:25 AM
Really?  I always thought it was the fusion reactor spooling up and dumping spent uranium into the EGR valve... :dunno:
[snapback]149194[/snapback]​

My flux capacitor makes that noise too. My bad, couldn't help it. Most cars will do that at IG 1 or 2 so theres fuel pressure in the fuel lines as to prep for start up. Its to not damage any components and so theres adequate fuel into the combustion chambers. Happy ppl, **** wheres the sense of humor?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by nicecar@Aug 30 2005, 09:09 AM
too much post horing.

24boosted that doesnt help.
[snapback]150651[/snapback]​

Our cars make lots of noises. The reason people are joking about them is because these topics have been covered a few hundred times at least. :deadhorse:

Best advice: USE SEARCH FEATURE.

The second noise you describe is coming from the flywheel. Another common noise on startup comes from the exhaust making a harmonic before it warms up and expands. Goes away within 2 mins. All are normal.

Sounds that are not normal, for future reference:

Sound:.........................Source:..........................................Cause:

High-Pitched Squeal from Passenger seat area...........Driving too fast for lady friend

Grind/Vibration from Gearshift area...............Not knowing how to drive stick (save your pride by going to NNA and blaming it on the tranny :nana:)

Growl at 20mph from Tires.............Your tires have feathered, you poor *******. Go to NNA.

Hollow exhaust note from......The Civic next to you...........Some retard in a honda wanting to race. Dont waste the gas.

Sirens..............From the cop you didnt see................Well, you've done it this time. License and Reg, sir..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718+Aug 30 2005, 11:56 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nicecar
@Aug 30 2005, 09:09 AM
too much post horing.

24boosted that doesnt help.
[snapback]150651[/snapback]​

Best advice: USE SEARCH FEATURE.

Okay, both of you need to realize you're in the Australia forum. We let them do their own thing here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts