Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha,
Installed the Intake and it runs great! I get a noticeable power increase from mid to high end. Rpm also seems to come up a bit quicker. The sound LadyZ makes, especially when she's opend up is so ..... predatory. Only negative things were having to flush out the intake tube because of all the shavings inside and filing the ends of the inner tube to remove the burrs. I also trimmed the universal filter mount so it didn't look "universal".
When I get another weekend free, I'm changing the metal support bracket. Probably get some aluminum stock and fabricate a nicer one.
Bought the intake from Prostreetonline.com. They shipped okay (ordered Mon. delivered Fri.), however their notification procedures do leave a bit to be desired. Only ones I recieved were order and proccess. Didn't get a ship notification, even when I called them and was told I would get one. I guess the main thing is it came Friday so I was able to install it over the weekend.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting design, utilizing an inner tube to create a venturi effect and a short V stake in the filter. I understand the theory and it does seem to work. Rev the engine, watch or feel the flex portion of the stock intake just behind the MAS tube, it collapses a little. Engine has to work to breath. Also, got an increase in power (she says it's peppier) when I installed a Dragon intake in my wife's Echo. Also going to watch my MPG for awhile as it seems I picked up two more MPG. At $2.90 per gallon, this alone would have been justification. I've always installed intakes in my cars with positive results.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next install? Waiting for my Varis intake duct. On a two month backorder. May install an alarm system (DEI or Crime Stopper) while I'm waiting. Both have one that intefaces with the existing remote. Need to do more research on them.

PaulO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts