Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Weak AC system?

6K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  DiRN 
#1 ·
I have a 04 Z with 9000 miles. While the AC seems to work fine, but I just dont think it works that great compare to my 98 Celica. Do you guys notice a weak AC system also or are the new cars like that now? The 98 has R134a, not R12. Is there anyway to improve the efficiency? I checked the air that comes out, it was still blowing 48-50 degree. What do you guys think? I gotta check the Celica and see what it is blowing

#3 ·
There have been some reports of compressor issues, but I don't recall specific details. The A/C in mine works very , very well. Might have a freon leak...I'd visit the dealership as this should be an easy condidtion to duplicate for them.

#6 ·
:werd: mine blows pretty decent cold air , even though its hot like a motha f*cker down here, maybe ur ac doesnt have enough gas get it cheked out at the dealer !! :dunno:

#10 ·
i think what helps is that the space inside the car is not so big so it cools pretty quick

#13 ·
Originally posted by tchan2700@Jun 14 2005, 09:50 PM
I've always thought mine was weak too. I guess it's time to visit the dealer.
[snapback]114330[/snapback]​

I always think mine is weak but then again, I do live in Las Vegas. 100+ every day, takes my entire ride to work to be ice cold, lol.

#16 ·
I have no problems with mine. It works well enough for me, and I live in a hot and humid area. Of course, I'm kind of a freak (no comments!) about hot weather and would rather drive with the windows down when it's 100º outside.

#17 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jun 24 2005, 02:31 PM
I have no problems with mine.  It works well enough for me, and I live in a hot and humid area.  Of course, I'm kind of a freak (no comments!) about hot weather and would rather drive with the windows down when it's 100º outside.
[snapback]121146[/snapback]​

I'm with ya on that one Smooth. I turn on the A/C about twice a year to get it some use (aside from when I turn on the defroster)

#20 ·
Originally posted by DiRN+Jun 24 2005, 01:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Jun 24 2005, 02:31 PM
I have no problems with mine.  It works well enough for me, and I live in a hot and humid area.  Of course, I'm kind of a freak (no comments!) about hot weather and would rather drive with the windows down when it's 100º outside.
[snapback]121146[/snapback]​

I'm with ya on that one Smooth. I turn on the A/C about twice a year to get it some use (aside from when I turn on the defroster)
[snapback]121169[/snapback]​

HAHA! I can't remember the last time I drove the Z with the windows down. It's too hot here in FL to drive without the A/C on.

Mine works fine, too, but I usually drive with the fan on the lowest setting and the temp at 70 degrees in the summer.

#23 ·
Originally posted by DiRN@Jul 13 2005, 11:16 AM
Wouldn't they be better closed at race time?

And even with the windows down, my car has held onto the smell for 16k

[snapback]131254[/snapback]​

Only thing I would think is that race time = no AC on = windows down? :dunno: Power lost due to AC being on > wind resistance due to windows being down? Just a guess.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.