Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heehee Made you look! LOL

Since our bedroom TV's picture tube blew out (well, Doug's had it for 15 years +, thru college at PSU, or Penn State to you non' pennsylvaninans) we got one of these!!!

Sony 42" XBR® Plasma WEGA™ High Definition Television
KDE-42XBR950

Floating glass panel design. 16:9 aspect ratio. Built-in ATSC tuner/QAM for hi-definition broadcast. i.LINK® input

He has a friend that works at the Sony plant in New Stanton, PA and we got it for cost (let's say we saved about $4K)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Nice TV!!

So this friend of yours wants to get me a TV at cost too, right?
</span>

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL Yeah, he is really down w/ hookin up any of Doug's friends w/ the Sony discount! We already have requests in for 2 other people, and we will probably get the (yikes) 72 incher for the living room after we build the new house!

DiRN if you can get here to get it back to Jersey I am sure we can get you the discount!!!
Don't think the Z will haul it tho, maybe have to break that jeep out! LOL

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">That would be sweet as **** jinxx. With the move coming up, I've been pushing for a new TV for the living room (the buttons are all broken on the one we have now). We'll see what happens

</span>

·
Registered
806 Posts
HDTVs are the best. My dad has a Hitachi 61" and when in HD mode, it's like you're there. PBS' channel that plays 24/7 has the highest quality HD programming I've seen. Oh yea, and Jay Leno is the best "real" programming in HD (I think it's because his set has a bunch of bright colors). CBS has a lot of HD programs, but quality isn't that great.

I know Sony makes a 65" HDTV, but 72" has to be insane!!!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I don't think the Jeep has been to Pennsylvania yet. Haha. And I've been getting a lot of pressure lately to have a car that I can drive in the winter. If that happens, I could always use that instead of the Z too
</span>

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You live in Jersey, and you've never even brought your Jeep to PA? That's crazy! I've driven through every single one of the 48 continental states (not in the Z of course).

Anyway, since I bought my Z, I can't stop comparing purchases to possible Z upgrades. Let's see... Greddy TT kit, or a really nice TV. Hmm...

It doesn't really matter in my case though, because I can't afford either of them

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
The Z has been to PA, but I don't think the Jeep has been. I rarely have reason to go to PA. I mean, it's not like I live right next to it or anything. I live closer to NY.

The Z has been outside of Jersey all of twice. Once was the trip to PA and once was a trip to NYC. She's going up to Syracuse this weekend, and then the Hamptons and Delaware in August. She's very excited.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
**** Jinx thats nice. My ex had a 60" in the living room and a 42" in the bedroom exactly like that one. The picture with the HID and DVD was incredible.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Great TV. I just bought a 50" Sony LCD. It's great. Welcome to the flat panel world.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it's about time we joined the here and now in tv's, geez this one was a tv away from the ones w/ dials on them! The one doug had before this one actually had a dial!!!
But that's why we can see spending the $$ on this one, it will be around for years to come....he got it up and running today, even tho it is slightly larger than the top of the dresser it has to sit on, the swing arm mount for it is over $1K, so it will just stay there for now....and the mini DVD player he threw in for $150, can't argue w/ that especially when we can take it on the planes and not have to watch the schlock they show....according to doug we are taking "Jacka**", "Freddy got fingered", the "Matrix" and "Dude where's my stupid car" to the bahamas in a week and a half....OH JOY I will be *so* entertained *sigh* on the plane ride. Here is the real pair of little goodies, TV and mini me...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I got a little something in the bedroom last night....oops, wrong forum!

Terri, this is a Z forum, not a home shopping network! We want pics of naked girls on Z's. J/K! Seriously, it is always a bonus when you know someone who can cut you a great deal on things that are marked up at least 200%. I just saw the invoice price on those cute little electric scooters that all the hardware and auto parts stores are selling for around $200-$300 or more. Are you ready? $33-45, depending on materials used.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Jul 19 2004, 04:43 PM
Are you in time to catch NOPI Tunervision tomorrow night @ 8:00(?) on Speed Network?!?!

Yeah, saw that ad on SpeedTV. I'll be waiting for that.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Oh wait nevermind.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The world of corporate marketing is amazing. They found a way to get us to spend $10,000 for a TV, instead of the usual $500. Oy vey.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Is that a reflection of your TV tray in the unit? Hehe....j/k! HU was somewhat handy with that table. Alas, my cabinets in the entertainment room is just big enough for a 32" - old style w/speakers on the bottom instead of the new style w/speakers on the sides. If I wanted to go bigger, I'd have to do some major work in that room. I'll wait until my current one blows up...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts