Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, did anyone watch it on SpeedTV? The Grand Am series at Watkins Glen was aired, and 3 Z's were doing great until the end when a Porsche got nasty and took out one of them. At least 2 of them finished in the top six.

The Glen 250

Standings at qualifying
The #35 Z got second place overall.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Towards the end, #35 had a messed up right front fender that possibly affected the finish...

It was fun to watch, though. Boris Said was doing well. I really thought the 3 Z's could have held the top spots giving those Stangs a run for their money. The others weren't even close. Basically, it was Stangs, Z's and Porsches all the way! They had the Super Touring class mixed in - actually saw a Lexus station wagon.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah it was great race! There would of probably been two Z's finish in the top 3 if it wasn't for the little rear end bump. Even with the pure power straight aways the Z really showed it is a force to be reckoned with.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It was indeed a good race, with lots of lead swaps and exciting passing. The Glen is a place that if you go off, you're most not likely coming back on track (as evident when Dorsey's M3 tangled with Sheehan's S4 in that spectacular crash into the foam barriers). That's exactly why it scared the bejesus out of me when I ran there last year... Congrats to both Z teams... hopefully they'll be on top of the podium at Mid-Ohio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts