Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 Enthusiast was in a fender bender and had some front end damage. The hood, front bumper, radiator and A/C was replaced as a result. Now everytime I start up the car, I hear the sound of water rushing through my dash. There are no leaks either inside the car or on the floor, but just a gushing sound in the first few minutes of driving and occassionally during highway driving. The sound does not last long but is very apparent. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know what the cause of this is?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by JAMEZ@Jun 15 2005, 07:13 PM
My '04 Enthusiast was in a fender bender and had some front end damage.  The hood, front bumper, radiator and A/C was replaced as a result.  Now everytime I start up the car, I hear the sound of water rushing through my dash.  There are no leaks either inside the car or on the floor, but just a gushing sound in the first few minutes of driving and occassionally during highway driving.  The sound does not last long but is very apparent.  Has anyone else experienced this problem or know what the cause of this is?
[snapback]114946[/snapback]​

It is difficult to purge the cooling system of air. My guess is that when they replaced the radiator, they failed to get all the air out of your system.

I have never purged a cooling system on a Z....but I have read that there is a special valve, somewhere on the side or rear of the engine that needs to be opened to bleed ALL the air out.

What you are probably hearing is the air passing through your heater core (small radiator in the dash that supplies cabin heat in the winter time).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts