Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beware this vendor ! Tried to cheat me & almost got away! This is a pretty long story, if you’d rather just get the bottom line, scroll to the end and I’ve summed it up in two lines.

Name of Vendor: Wheel and Audio
Phone: 562-926-9338

Ok, so after [email protected] posted about getting a good deal from this vendor about a month ago, I decided to give it a try. The deal was $1700 for ADR m-sports with hankook tires 19” staggered setup.

I call up and speak to a guy named BEN, who tells me that the price has gone up to $1900. I hang up and decide to call others. Over the next couple of days, I get quotes ranging from 2200 to 2500 with better tires (falkens) so I decide to call Wheel & Audio back to see how much it would cost with Falkens. This time, I speak to a guy named David who tells me “sure I can get it to you for the same deal, 1700$ mounted+balanced with Hankooks, come tomorrow and give me a deposit and we’ll get started”. So I go there the next morning, no David, but BEN is there. He tells me “that’s not possible , David is new he has no idea , cheapest I can do is 1950 with Hankooks”. So after I told him that America Tire was getting it for me for 2100, he says “2050 is the best I can do.” So considering America’s Tire gave me a one month wait, I decided since he had them in stock I gave him the deposit for $1000. (with Amex Thanks God!).

I leave and come in two days since the wheels were not at the store yet. After I get there, he insists on me paying him the remaining balance immediately before even putting the wheels on. I didn’t think much into it and examined the top wheel (which were stacked one on top of the other in boxes) and it looked fine so I gave him my card and he charged the balance (1050).
While I was watching one of the workers put the wheels on my car, I suddenly looked at the rear wheel near the lug nuts and almost had a heart attack.. there were huge scratches in all the holes where the lug nuts go. After asking Ben about them, he says “oh yes these are bmw wheels u know and they had to drill the holes bigger to fit your car.” He then said “You won’t even notice it once the lug nuts are on”. I was on the fence almost about to say yes, till I told him that I was more afraid of the chipping of the paint. So he says okay you can talk to the dealer of the wheels just to make you feel better. So he puts me on the phone with his dealer (big mistake on his part, good for me), cause that guy tells me “yes these are actually mercedes wheels (???) we had to drill the holes to fit the Nissan 5x114.3”. So I ask him “doesn’t adr make a rim for the 5x114.3.”, he says “yes but we don’t have them in stock, will probably take another month, why don’t you take those wheels for now and come back when we get the correct ones”. So I confirm the same with BEN and he agrees so I allow them to put the wheels on.
This is the best part: - While I am waiting there, one of the guys from the shop next door comes up to me and asks me about the wheels , so I tell him the whole story. He then says after looking around to make sure no one is in sight, “get everything in writing, and make sure he gives you a date when you can come back and get the correct wheels, I’ve been around here and I know how this guy does business”. I immediately go back to Ben and ask him for a date and he says “oh it could take anywhere between now and a year and I cannot give you a date in writing”. I was like totally shocked so I told him I don’t want them. After a long talk, he agreed to give me my money back, then he gets on the phone and tells his wheel dealer “take these wheels back you don’t expect me to sell these”. Yet he was trying to sell them to me !!!! @#*$*(#@!!!.

Anyways, that’s not all, he gives me a confirmation slip which shows a refund of 2050. I go home and thank my lucky stars and God of course, and after 3 days, I notice not only did he give me back 2050, he also charged me again for 2050!!!!!!! At this point, I just called up American Express and let them handle it. This was more than a week ago. I have finally got my money back today and am posting this thread for everyone’s benefit so that you NEVER go to this scammer/cheat ever.

Brief version: Tried to sell me used/drilled wheels!!, double-charged my credit card and extremely hard to deal with. Stay Away!!!

I have truly learned my lesson , good part is I did not lose any money in the whole thing, just maybe a couple grey hairs and some wasted time. Here are pictures:-

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I'm glad things worked out for you.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Those were the correct wheels,look on the box, it says 5x4.5 that is our lug spacing. In metric it is 5x114.There is no way to "drill" out the wheels if the lug spacing is wrong,he simply tried to sell you USED ADR wheels for more than new ones..lol.Those scratches are from someone using an impact gun to take off the lug nuts..those wheels were used for quite some time..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]
yeah! plus was extremely lucky that guy from next door decided to warn me... i should go back there and take him out to lunch !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts