Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 350z owners,

Was looking to buy a 350z around the OC/ LA area. Is anybody selling theirs? Wanted to ask on this forum about any tips or things to look out for while buying a used variant of this car. Should I not buy a car past a certain amount of mileage? I'm a student so kinda looking for a reasonably priced one. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1,581 Posts
Welcome- this thread was moved to the most appropriate forum. As to your question, the best advice I can provide is to save $100-200 for an independent mechanical assessment of any Z car you're seriously interested in. A well maintained 100K mile '03 Z33 may be a better buy than a trashed '08 model with less mileage. Only a hands-on assessment by a trained tech will be sufficient to give you an accurate picture of what you're buying. You should receive a written report for your fee, not just a verbal OK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay great. Thanks for the advice! Had a quick question about a 2004 Base model- one listing said it has TCS and cruise control but did those models have those features?

·
Super Moderator
1,581 Posts
Okay great. Thanks for the advice! Had a quick question about a 2004 Base model- one listing said it has TCS and cruise control but did those models have those features?
That listing is incorrect. The '04 350Z base model had an open diff (no TCS) and zero cruise control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts