Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people seem to want exhaust with loud screaming or ho gains
I’m trying to find a cheap version of stock or Nismo sounding stock. I don’t care about name brand. I don’t want Buick lasagne quiet but This Z has an nvidia I believe, in any case it is just a loud loud even with some sort of silencers put in. Can’t wait to get rid of it. The only thing good about it is that it is dual exhaust. But when you hammer the throttle you can’t carry a conversation in the car.
****... just realized I’m getting old

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Why not look to purchase a used OEM exhaust? There's plenty of used ones on the market, and you might be able to find one local and cheap.

Also, you might want to check out your Z and make sure the cats haven't been replaced by test pipes. That will make your Z car very loud.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no test pipes. Luckily. Last time I priced cats the weren’t cheap. Maybe I can find some kid in my area who wants to trade.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Might also want to try Facebook Z groups. Saw a stat the other day..... close to 70% of those responding to an age "poll" were 16-25. And so many people there want loud-loud. (Or, as they say, "Loud AF".

If you want a civilized exhaust that is only slightly louder than stock and retains the "VQ sound": NISMO 350Z S-Tune Sports Exhaust System, Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader In 300ZX 350Z 370Z G35 G37 Q50 Q60 - Z1 Motorsports

This S-Tune does NOT come with a Y-pipe (separate) but in your case, you likely don't need it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info I’ll see if I can get my wife to navigate me to that Facebook page. Last social media I actively used was MySpace...
I did have my eye on that exhaust and the viral seemed fairly tame in the videos I watched so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lol love a good loud deep exhaust. Invidia exhaust are great even plan to buy one in the future if I decide to change my exhaust. I would offer to trade but the previous owner changed the exhaust on my Z.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts