Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
* HR stands for High Response (or High Revolution)
* 5th Generation of the VQ.
* Redline increase to 7500rpm
* Higher compression ratio (10.6: 1 versus previous 10.3:1)
* Redesigned block for increased rigidity (stiffer engine block structure)
* Complete symmetrical intake and exhaust systems
* Worldwide first hydrogen free DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) [hu] due to coding adoption decrease
* New eCVTCS (electromagnetic variable exhaust cam timing) Setting electromagnetism VTC on exhaust cam side in addition to the oil pressure VTC of air inlet cam side,
* Adoption of isometric exhaust manifold
* New ram air dual intake, equal length exhaust manifold and dual exhaust system with laser-welded rear mufflers
* Twin knock sensors
* Improved cooling

* New fourth generation VQ-series 24-valve 3.5-liter DOHC V6 producing an estimated 300-plus horsepower
* New ram air dual intake, equal length exhaust manifold and dual exhaust system with laser-welded rear mufflers
* Higher compression ratio (10.6: 1 versus previous 10.3:1), higher redline (7,500 rpm versus previous 6,600 rpm), new eCVTCS (electromagnetic variable exhaust cam timing), twin knock sensors, improved cooling and stiffer engine block structure
* Refined electronically controlled 5-speed automatic transmission with * Downshift Rev Matching and DS mode and ASC (Adaptive Shift Control), or close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission
* Rear-wheel drive
* Magnesium paddle shifters on Sport A/T model
* Standard rear viscous limited-slip differential with Sport models (5AT and 6MT)
* Front engine/rear-wheel drive or ATTESA E-TS™ all-wheel drive (G35x AWD model)

how will the compression bump affect FI ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
You will have to run lower boost, on non engine builds... if you are able to add boost at all. But more importantly are the internals better since they are raising the compression??

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Maybe this engine has a better potential for NA mods. More responsive to NA mods anyway....:dunno:

N

·
0 Posts
perhaps, but why has nobody dont this on the current engine?
Dunno I have wondered the same thing.....would be great for turbo applications.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Finally Got a 2007 350Z at our dealer i got to PDI it. Then test drove it to the gas station. Most def has a faster pick up and it def throws you back into the seat and pins u there when accelerating. Still rides very smooth and handles great. You can def notice a diff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
not sure if im posting in the rite place but i have the 08 z with minor mods i ran at track and my second run with tcs off it jus spun in first and second then my clutch pedal got stuck to the floor for a couple minutes and coldnt get it back up then it finally did but smelled horrible ne one no wut that could be from

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's a burning clutch plate. Don't count on the clutch lasting much longer on that one. It will probably still be under warranty, I burned up two of mine in the first 18 months and they were replaced under warranty. Now I'm doing a virtual complete engine and all attachments change at the 3 year mark. Going with a dual plate carbon clutch, let's see how it lasts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE (Ninja350Z @ Aug 25 2006, 01:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=283516
Dunno I have wondered the same thing.....would be great for turbo applications.

Would it? I could have sworn that you wanted a lower compression ratio when running an FI build... And as far as getting a head gasket to lower the compression ratio...it would take more time, money and work but you'd probably get a far more reliable result from using lower compression pistons, would you not? Being a victim of a head gasket blowout (in 4 cylinders), I wouldn't want to risk a thicker gasket to open the cylinder a bit more.

As for the stronger build of the HR, I figure if you really want quite a bit more reliability you could always sleeve it to the same specs as stock with a higher tolerance alloy...just a thought...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts