Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I own a 03 6speed 350z with high miles, the motor started smoking and I blew a timing chain tensioner so I've decided to buy a new engine, I most recently purchased a vq35de with 60,xxx miles that came from a automatic z. I need to swap this motor into my 6speed transmission, is it a direct bolt on? Is the wire harness plug and play? What's needed? im pretty sure I have to swap the bushings. Please provide me with info on this subject!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Interesting. I'm in for the replies.

I'm no expert, but I think the DE should drop in and bolt up to your housing. As far as I know, it's the transmission from the housing back to your rear axle that's different. Engine should be the same no matter what.

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
swapping in a engine should be no problem, switching a 5AT into a car that is a 6MT poses a problem though since the transmissions have different wiring harnesses. not much wiring on the engine except the spark coils

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I think the harness should be plug and play, I receive the engine tomorrow so ill keep you informed on the progress. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has performed this swap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I think the harness should be plug and play, I receive the engine tomorrow so ill keep you informed on the progress. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has performed this swap.
So how did this work out for you? Does it hook up to the manual transmission?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts