Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all, anyone know the difference between the 04-05 Alitima SE 3.5l engine and the 350z 3.5L engine?

·
Registered
42 Posts
**** it.. there was a thread on motoring site describing exactly what the letters meant. Sorry if I remember I will repost..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Morttttttttttt.... I missed ya !

I dont think i could have gone to sleep tonight cause I would have wanted to figure this out..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know bout tha letter definition chart, im pretty sure no modern cars have carberators. Thats pretty crazy though if it does. Also, any info about size of engine would help. Like is the VQ30 the same size as the VQ35

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally posted by illycut@Sep 29 2004, 05:34 PM
i dont know bout tha letter definition chart, im pretty sure no modern cars have carberators. Thats pretty crazy though if it does.  Also, any info about size of engine would help.  Like is the VQ30 the same size as the VQ35

modern cars don't use carbs but nissan makes other things like lift trucks which are carburated also the vq30de is 3.0 leters and the vq35de is 3.5 leters the numbers after vq mean displacent

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, so at this point in time , im coming to my own conclusion that the 350z and the Altima SER have the same engine. If someone believe this is not true, please let me know why and how you know. While i do blieve they're the same engine, there is some type of different intake system on the 350z engine that boosts its hp, maybe even some different internal that alter the compression.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
The Murano also has the same engine as the Z. The engines are all tuned differently resulting in more power in the Z than the other applications of it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so DIrN, are you indicating that you believe they have the same engine, just tuned different with a different compression? I think i could buy that

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
There are various things that can be changed. The compression, the airbox, ECU settings. What exactly Nissan did I don't know for certain. So they share the same engine, but the Z's is putting out much higher numbers than the others

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was just told by a guy on my350z.com that they are exact same engine BUT the 350z has a different intake manifold and exhaust manifold.
My theory is that all the extra HP is from the intake manifold, and then probably want Dirn says, ECU mapping. Im sure the extra air from the 350z high intake method is accompanied by extra fuel, so **** they may have different fuel pumps and injectors.
Hope everyone continues interest in this thread, im interested to figure out what nissan is doing with these engines. im trying to work on one soon but i want to know what im dealing with

1 - 12 of 12 Posts