Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by JTS2005@Jul 5 2005, 12:31 PM
dang sweeet video and it sounds awesome!!  whos car is that?
[snapback]126703[/snapback]​

man i dont know...
but it sounds wicked

·
Registered
853 Posts
His pulley needs to be adjusted. Not supposed to be chirping/squeeking like that. Makes me want to start my car. Vortech sounds awsome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by Barzten1@Jul 5 2005, 02:26 PM
His pulley needs to be adjusted. Not supposed to be chirping/squeeking like that. Makes me want to start my car. Vortech sounds awsome!
[snapback]126834[/snapback]​

hey, thats my car :), the belt actually is quiet now, i had to adjust it a little. there is another video of it at http://www.panhandlez.com/videos/rayandjaimez.wmv we are going to work on all of the f/i z's in my area to do a video like this. i am actually running www.panhandlez.com . there will be more to come. thanks for the compliments on car/video

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by backagain+Jul 8 2005, 10:50 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Barzten1
@Jul 5 2005, 02:26 PM

hey, thats my car :), the belt actually is quiet now, i had to adjust it a little. there is another video of it at http://www.panhandlez.com/videos/rayandjaimez.wmv we are going to work on all of the f/i z's in my area to do a video like this. i am actually running www.panhandlez.com . there will be more to come. thanks for the compliments on car/video
[snapback]128575[/snapback]​

your car looks a lot like mine....w/ out FI

love the video....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by backagain+Jul 8 2005, 11:50 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Barzten1
@Jul 5 2005, 02:26 PM

[snapback]128575[/snapback]​

This is a cool video. A version of this video without the music would be nice, not that I don't like the music, but it makes it harder to hear the car...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is this what all the Vortech SC kits sound like? I thought they were supposed to be pretty quiet for the most part? How did you get the blow off to be so loud? What other mods are done to the car besides the SC? Thanks.

Adam B.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by MRballer350z@Jul 14 2005, 12:57 PM
Is this what all the Vortech SC kits sound like? I thought they were supposed to be pretty quiet for the most part? How did you get the blow off to be so loud? What other mods are done to the car besides the SC? Thanks.

Adam B.
[snapback]131925[/snapback]​

car has headers, test pipes and borla td exhaust, that is just how loud it is. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry guys....had to dig this one up. Do all Vortech S/C sound like this? The blow off is soo freakin loud! Anyone have more vids similar to this one?

·
Registered
86 Posts
cool vid!
btw how much boost r u runing? and u have the stock vortech BOV?

·
Registered
655 Posts
That sounds great. I think the Borla compliments it nicely.

·
Registered
86 Posts
sentry i meant the other vids.
ur ride is awesome thoo:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
That sounds great. I think the Borla compliments it nicely.
Meh....Ive never been big on the way Borla sounds...on any car. I just like the sound of the s/c and bov. Does anyone know if the Rotrex has a simila sound?

·
Registered
51 Posts
ha, sounds like my z.. I have borla, crawford headers, crawford cats, crawford intake, and the vortech. The blow off valve is LOUD, and the SC makes a nice whine.

Yes its loud but not annoying.

·
Registered
121 Posts
supermac, Ive been considering the vortech s/c, aswell as the rotrex. Then again, it seems like for 2-3 grand more, I can go TT. What do you think Im looking at, as far as price goes, for the vortech installed and tuned? Currently I have Nismo exhaust, MD plenum and spacer, what else would I need, aside from hf cats of course. Im trying to get an idea of what its going to cost me, and if its even worth s/c when I can TT for a few thousand more.

·
Registered
86 Posts
SUPERMAC i have a vortech setup runing 7 psi of boost @6k rpm, but the BOV sound isnt loud at all :/
maybe coz i have HKS TI and crawford HFC (too loud)
any input?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts