Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the 3.12 pulley for my vortech. I checked on the Vortech website and they have a Jackshaft and a supercharger pulley listed. Do I have to get both ? How do you know which one is the 3.12 they just show the tooth count? also will I need a different belt or will the 3.33 belt suffice. All help is greatly appretiated. Also can I install it and use the stock tune if I keep the surge at 8psi? All help or suggestions please. I'm new at FI ! :banghead:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you from?
Who is your tuner? (They can help you!)
Yes you need a new belt. :)
I live in Melbourne, FL. I dont have a tuner yet. Do you know what belt by chance? Do you have the Gates P/N? I can have it ordered by the P/N from gates at the auto store. Me and my father inlaw installed the kit. So I'm still running on the tune from Vortech.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just buy the 3.12 pulley
u can install it without a tune but u won t feel the diff. u need a tune....
u have to buy a belt too :
i suggest u buy gates part # is : K060930

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just buy the 3.12 pulley
I guess I'm a little confused on which pulley I have to buy. Is it the one of the cog pulleys on the superchager or is it the Idler pulley that tensions the belt on the cog pulleys??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want to get the 3.12 pulley for my vortech. I checked on the Vortech website and they have a Jackshaft and a supercharger pulley listed. Do I have to get both ? How do you know which one is the 3.12 they just show the tooth count? also will I need a different belt or will the 3.33 belt suffice. All help is greatly appretiated. Also can I install it and use the stock tune if I keep the surge at 8psi? All help or suggestions please. I'm new at FI ! :banghead:
I got the 3.12 pulley and used the same belt that I had. There was some adjustments done to it, but it worked. I haven't tested it because a week after I put it on, it went to the shop. So i will see soon. still waiting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok thanks. I'm using gates P/N K060935 right now. Is the one you suggested fit tighter or can I just keep the one I have ? :yourock:
yeah all u have to do is adjust the tensioner :D
& next time u buy a belt , buy the one i told u about...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah all u have to do is adjust the tensioner :D
& next time u buy a belt , buy the one i told u about...
Hey bud! thanks for all the info it was a ton of help. I have installed the 3.12 pulley with the belt you recommended and it works great! I'm going to tune it Friday so hope fully I'll have some dyno sheets to post soon. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey bud! thanks for all the info it was a ton of help. I have installed the 3.12 pulley with the belt you recommended and it works great! I'm going to tune it Friday so hope fully I'll have some dyno sheets to post soon. :shiftdrive:
The 3.12 will build more power than a 3.33 pulley- even without a tune. If you are running the stock vortech tune, you should be super rich.

I'd recommend working with a wideband if you can.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well went to tune on Friday 10/12/07 at Performance Factory in Orlando and my SS box is no good. It only let the motor rev to 2500rpms. This is the second time this has happend to me. So I decided to junk the SS box and upgrade to the Turboxs. Went back on Saturday 10/20/07 and junked the SSbox along with the inline fuel pump and fmu. Upgraded to the Turboxs utec, 650cc injectors and walbro fuel pump. Final dyno was 380whp and 323wtq ! Very satisfied with Performance Factory. The were very helpful and answered all my questions and gave very good prices on everything. I highly recommend them. Dyno attached :shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Well went to tune on Friday 10/12/07 at Performance Factory in Orlando and my SS box is no good. It only let the motor rev to 2500rpms. This is the second time this has happend to me. So I decided to junk the SS box and upgrade to the Turboxs. Went back on Saturday 10/20/07 and junked the SSbox along with the inline fuel pump and fmu. Upgraded to the Turboxs utec, 650cc injectors and walbro fuel pump. Final dyno was 380whp and 323wtq ! Very satisfied with Performance Factory. The were very helpful and answered all my questions and gave very good prices on everything. I highly recommend them. Dyno attached :shiftdrive:
I bought my Vortech set up from Jeremy he is a really good guy to work with. I wish I didn't live so far from Florida, because I'd definetly like him to do a tune for me. I was talking to him a little while back and he's willing to fly up to my area and spend a few days to tune if I could line up enough guys to help split the cost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just buy the 3.12 pulley
do you happen to know if I can use this belt with the 2.87 pulley, also ? or Is there a smaller Gates belt I need? If so do you know what the p/n is for the smaller belt for the 2.87 pulley?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts