Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading about this and it has been a really interesting MOD for me to purchase in the near future. i know the power doesnt compare to a turbo but i just want something that will give me more power than stock for now. im not looking to make over 400whp. what are your thoughts, share

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love my Vortech kit runs like new with very linear power and smooth response no hicups at all..........ildes perfect...........un tuned and putting down 333rwhp ran it at the strip.........with a 2.3 second 60' time my time was 13.4 but the good news was my trap speed.......just a couple of tenths under 109mph.........I am tuning it next week and 390-400rwhp should be obtainable after reveiwing my A/F Ratios at 333rwhp.........I as hoping for a trap speed of 115mph and low 12's on drag radials. I cant say enough about this kit, very tunable by almost anybody with a brain and a Wideband A/F devise........People say a TT is much more powerful, yes it is in the mid rpm range, but when you gun it in first gear or second gear you are at redline instantly anyways.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fluidz i read your thread and just made me want to go this route even more. Have you had any probelms since the install? i did notice you said at first you had a few but got them fixed. if you dont mind me asking what did u pay for your kit shipped? Also i cant wait to hear about when its tuned!! Nice car

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I am serously considering the Vortech SC and intercooler. I have seen the kit for $4,599 at Superchargers on-line. Does any know where it is being sold cheaper??? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am serious to about it but i am looking for the best price as well. maybe we could get a GB on this? i am not a 100% but if the price is right and i have the money, im on it.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I could swear I have seen the Vortech with intercooler kit as low as $4,350 on the internet, but I can't remember what site. I went back to look a couple of days ago, and the best I could find was $4,599. Maybe one of you techies could search the net and see what you can find.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have cams, headers, true dual exhaust, hi-flow cats and a crawford plenum. Wonder what numbers I will pull with a tuned Vortech SC and intercooler?

·
Registered
22 Posts
probably about 380-390rwhp............McDuck had Crawford Z Services tune his car and I would imagine at 420rwhp its living on the brink of disaster..........anybody can put up a high dyno number, do you want to have your motor in 5,000 miles? 11.5:1 A/F is perfect and safe for F/I with at least 6 degrees of timing pulled at 6,000+ rpm, esp with the vortech, a greedy TT is different as boost is at max much lower in the rpm band. I'd bet McDucks timing is like 3 degrees at the top pulled at the most.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
fluidz - Thanks.

380 rwhp, that must be about 450 hp at the crank. Not bad.

But I have learned that the Crawford strut brace won't fit with the Vortech SC, so I have to run without a strut brace (bad idea) or dump the Crawford plenum and replace the stock plenum and strut brace.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Me too. I saw a car with the kit installed last Sunday at a Z club meet. Very nice piece, and it sounds great too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Add me to the Vortech List. I am seriously considering it. I have contacted a few vendors on Price and Install. So far I found 4350 but
forgot the name of the shop. somewhere on the eastcoast.I have it at work and will post it up Tues. I am also waiting on a price from Jeff at Street Image.

can anyone give me an Idea on install price for the kit?
I was quoted 17 hours at 79 an hour, 1343 is that too high.

Thnx

·
Registered
104 Posts
No thats about the right amount of time it takes them...if its the first time they have installed one .My shop took 15 hours and that included a couple gauges . They have installed alot of Vortechs but not on a G or Z

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.