Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been reading about this and it has been a really interesting MOD for me to purchase in the near future. i know the power doesnt compare to a turbo but i just want something that will give me more power than stock for now. im not looking to make over 400whp. what are your thoughts, share

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love my Vortech kit runs like new with very linear power and smooth response no hicups at all..........ildes perfect...........un tuned and putting down 333rwhp ran it at the strip.........with a 2.3 second 60' time my time was 13.4 but the good news was my trap speed.......just a couple of tenths under 109mph.........I am tuning it next week and 390-400rwhp should be obtainable after reveiwing my A/F Ratios at 333rwhp.........I as hoping for a trap speed of 115mph and low 12's on drag radials. I cant say enough about this kit, very tunable by almost anybody with a brain and a Wideband A/F devise........People say a TT is much more powerful, yes it is in the mid rpm range, but when you gun it in first gear or second gear you are at redline instantly anyways.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fluidz i read your thread and just made me want to go this route even more. Have you had any probelms since the install? i did notice you said at first you had a few but got them fixed. if you dont mind me asking what did u pay for your kit shipped? Also i cant wait to hear about when its tuned!! Nice car

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I am serously considering the Vortech SC and intercooler. I have seen the kit for $4,599 at Superchargers on-line. Does any know where it is being sold cheaper??? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am serious to about it but i am looking for the best price as well. maybe we could get a GB on this? i am not a 100% but if the price is right and i have the money, im on it.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I could swear I have seen the Vortech with intercooler kit as low as $4,350 on the internet, but I can't remember what site. I went back to look a couple of days ago, and the best I could find was $4,599. Maybe one of you techies could search the net and see what you can find.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill look but i also heard that price somewhere and i think fluidz bought it for that?

hey fluid where did u get yours from and at what price if you dont mind me asking
thx

·
Registered
22 Posts
$4,350.00 shipped from shawn at EXTREME AUTOMOTIVE in Canoga Park, CA

Check this dyno out from a tuned Vortech 350Z..............yummy.....he does have cams and headers worth about 25rwhp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
PM me or email me for better price....

I cannot advertise the price that low but I'll sell it if Richard and Jaysen are interested....

Let me know

P.S. Jaysen I sent you an email.....

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have cams, headers, true dual exhaust, hi-flow cats and a crawford plenum. Wonder what numbers I will pull with a tuned Vortech SC and intercooler?

·
Registered
22 Posts
probably about 380-390rwhp............McDuck had Crawford Z Services tune his car and I would imagine at 420rwhp its living on the brink of disaster..........anybody can put up a high dyno number, do you want to have your motor in 5,000 miles? 11.5:1 A/F is perfect and safe for F/I with at least 6 degrees of timing pulled at 6,000+ rpm, esp with the vortech, a greedy TT is different as boost is at max much lower in the rpm band. I'd bet McDucks timing is like 3 degrees at the top pulled at the most.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
fluidz - Thanks.

380 rwhp, that must be about 450 hp at the crank. Not bad.

But I have learned that the Crawford strut brace won't fit with the Vortech SC, so I have to run without a strut brace (bad idea) or dump the Crawford plenum and replace the stock plenum and strut brace.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Richard i am getting closer and closer to ordering this kit as i read more about it!!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Me too. I saw a car with the kit installed last Sunday at a Z club meet. Very nice piece, and it sounds great too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I love the Vortech...no problems at all...379whp...A/F was kept at 11.8 to 12.2 to1....no timing adjustment made yet....03 G35 AT5

·
Registered
13 Posts
Add me to the Vortech List. I am seriously considering it. I have contacted a few vendors on Price and Install. So far I found 4350 but
forgot the name of the shop. somewhere on the eastcoast.I have it at work and will post it up Tues. I am also waiting on a price from Jeff at Street Image.

can anyone give me an Idea on install price for the kit?
I was quoted 17 hours at 79 an hour, 1343 is that too high.

Thnx

·
Registered
104 Posts
No thats about the right amount of time it takes them...if its the first time they have installed one .My shop took 15 hours and that included a couple gauges . They have installed alot of Vortechs but not on a G or Z

·
Registered
22 Posts
****, that not a bad price for a Vortech SC...How much would it cost to install and tune from someone who has done it before? What about Crawford? any one know how much they charge for install and tune?
Jon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts