Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out to "Midnight Madness" at Gateway International Raceway last night, St Louis. It was a madhouse as always, and we got 1 run in...

I did not do a burn out and left off idle.. Nitto 555R's @ 22psi Results:

60" - 2.007
1/4 - 12.906
MPH - 107.64

This was letting the car shift itself. There is A LOT more potential in this car once I get to practice burn outs and hard launching on a less busy night.

Oh ya, the Lightning went [email protected] on its first shake down run after the new blower. A/F was 10.3 through most of the run and he's running low boost right now.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's pretty good for an auto.

moved to the racing section

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
"War"?
Is their even a rational argument that a 6sp manual doesnt produce more whp, and more ideal track caracteristics over a 5sp auto???????

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You're not trying to start a "auto/manual" war are you Smoothie ;)
Me? No! Just making an observation about that fact since you mentioned it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We went out to "Midnight Madness" at Gateway International Raceway last night, St Louis. It was a madhouse as always, and we got 1 run in...

I did not do a burn out and left off idle.. Nitto 555R's @ 22psi Results:

60" - 2.007
1/4 - 12.906
MPH - 107.64

This was letting the car shift itself. There is A LOT more potential in this car once I get to practice burn outs and hard launching on a less busy night.

Oh ya, the Lightning went [email protected] on its first shake down run after the new blower. A/F was 10.3 through most of the run and he's running low boost right now.
Nice job getting a taste of the 12's. How's the Vortech tune from GRD treating you?

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is average time for an auto with a vortech.
I was only in the 14's with the Vortech kit+plenum spacer+tune; i.e. pre-exhaust/Valve Body/new tune.
So I don't think that's average.

You're 60ft times can really be improved. Get some DRs a healthy burnout and you should be hitting at least 1.8-1.9 60ft. Have you upgraded the Valve body yet?
They sure can! And we just did! I have DRs on, but didn't do a burn out. You know how these auto's are "too smart for their own good"? Well, I can't brake torque it unless I pull the fuse that controls the brake lights (the brake/gas override brain kicks in and pulls power -- I don't know what manual's do -- probably not a problem). Sooo....at Midnight Madness there was no way I was going to drive around without brake lights. Those people can get kinda crazy! I'm really looking to get back to the track on much calmer Tuesday/Wednesday nights and get out to practice. And once I feel good that I can get it in auto well, then I'll learn to shift it on my own, and see what kinda times I can get. But, you know, I can't shift "wrong" letting it go in manual mode.

Nice job getting a taste of the 12's. How's the Vortech tune from GRD treating you?
Hue -- it's working out great! No problems that we have seen/felt/noticed! :) How's your stuff!?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Most vortech setups that i've seen run for the autos have went [email protected] or so to [email protected] or so.. Your's is the first 14 that i heard of. Sounds like the tune may not have been exactly right. Probably pulling timing under a load if the car was tuned with out a load based dyno.

To disable the power robbing abs/tcs system without pulling the abs fuse. You can also disconnect the abs module under the hood and the brake lights will still work. Yes, the manuals have the same problem.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most vortech setups that i've seen run for the autos have went [email protected] or so to [email protected] or so.. Your's is the first 14 that i heard of. Sounds like the tune may not have been exactly right. Probably pulling timing under a load if the car was tuned with out a load based dyno.

To disable the power robbing abs/tcs system without pulling the abs fuse. You can also disconnect the abs module under the hood and the brake lights will still work. Yes, the manuals have the same problem.
Yes, the tune wasn't quite right we don't think...so we're really happy now and it will get better and better as the year goes on! :)

Thanks for the tip -- I'll have my mechanic get on that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts