Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am speechless. I'm waiting at CPRacing as they tune my car and am talking to my buddy Bryan (Sloe Truk) about the pending weekend at Tail of the Dragon when mechanic Matt (there are 2 Matts at CPRacing) motions for me to step into the back.

Considering the number of minor annoyances that have come and gone during my 350Z FI experience, I expect to find we’ve hit some sort of obstacle. Instead, I stand there staring... speechless. Bryan asks if I'm still on the line. "Hello?"

Then I start to grin from ear-to-ear... "Umm, B. looks like my Z just made 457.9hp on the dyno."

The attached dyno speaks for itself. The savvy will note that the graph shows only 451.1rwhp. This is the final number I drove out with. When I saw the first figures, Eric had only adjusted the AF curve. No timing changes had been made. He suggested it would be wise to take out a little more timing to be safe. I agreed. He proceeded to fine tune the motor a little more (I honestly don’t recall whether he said he took 2 or 3 degrees more out up top), but the output only dropped about 7hp.

So, here you have it. My Z with a boatload of other mods (but a stock bottom end) is now making 451.1rwhp and 368rwtq. Not the crushing torque numbers you see with a TT kit, but not exactly anemic either. (NOTE: the highest run was 457.9rwhp and 380rwtq)

Hats off to CPRacing (and especially Eric for his great tuning and patience with my repeated visits). They are simply the best when it comes to tuning!

Ray P. & Jeremy B. - the bar has been raised! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Awesome numbers! Very impressive, to say the least! :clap: What does one do with all that HP and looks to go with it? :wink:

BTW, stupid question but how do they adjust your timing?

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
timing is adjusted via the Split Second box and R4 software that accompanies the Vortech kit.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
timing is adjusted via the Split Second box and R4 software that accompanies the Vortech kit.
That easy, huh? Nice! That's pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
well i see that the manifold has done a lot of difference....by far this is the highest numbers i have seen on a Z with a vortech SC installed.
very impressive.
the torque i guess is normal when it comes to SC kits, this is what makes the difference between them and a TT
awesome numbers, i love it.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Congrats on the re-tune Andy....450+ whp is very impressive. I am envious that you live so close to a competent shop who is willing to go the distance for their customers. Have a blast in the mountains this weekend!!!

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:OMG: :OMG:

Wow Andy! That's some serious power! That's the most reliable I've read on the stock bottom end actually! :thumbsup: Congrats! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just to clarify, The R4 software is not included with the Vortech Kit. Unless they started including it recently.

McDuck the numbers are great, but they would mean so much more if you listed all the mods you have. I would also like to know if your running your stock injectors at this HP?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts