Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just gave Grubbs a call to see how much the install was and they quoted me $3000, i was like WTF!! that is ridiculous, o yea he said i get colder plugs, oil change, and tuning----> Big deal!! i also was quoted by a guy i know who owns a shop and a dynojet only $500-600 cause i know him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Originally posted by 350z@Jul 26 2004, 08:42 AM
i just gave Grubbs a call to see how much the install was and they quoted me $3000, i was like WTF!!  that is ridiculous, o yea he said i get colder plugs, oil change, and tuning----> Big deal!!  i also was quoted by a guy i know who owns a shop and a dynojet only $500-600 cause i know him.

DAYUM!! - I was looking at my print out for my install, it was 1400 with tuning,
. May be charging more if you buy your own, who knows. It should be mid 7K if you do everything through them. Did you talk to John at Grubbs Infiniti?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
35,304 Posts
A Nissan dealership is doing installs for s/c kits? Am I reading that correctly? That's a ripoff at that price. Keep shopping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm chaparro im gonna call him and ask again and see what he says. i'll just say i saw my buddies recipet and wont mention you and say it was $1400.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,332 Posts
hey jaysen, did you call grubbs Nissan or grubbs infinity? The infinity dealer is the one doing the SC installs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Originally posted by 350z@Jul 26 2004, 09:00 AM
hmm chaparro im gonna call him and ask again and see what he says.  i'll just say i saw my buddies recipet and wont mention you and say it was $1400.

Hope it goes well for you, I talked to him earlier this morning about going out and retuning the car on Wednesday since it his day off. I can't speak bad about it because I was treated well there and had a good overall experience with the whole thing. You are welcome to look at my receit if you want. I know when I was looking around, I was quoted higher prices if I bought it before hand, dunno why.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I could tell ya how much it costs to install and tune a bimmer SC, but it'd probably make you want to grab some KY. lol

Yeah, that price does suck (especially when you can buy colder plugs for around 7 bucks a plug), but it's part of their gamble for installing and warrantying a supercharger. It would be kinda nice to know that if the cog belt comes loose (like it's prone to) and manages to shread, you'd just have to take it them and they'd have to fix it. But for that kind of money, I'd just do the install myself and pay more attention to any weird noises and periodically check things out to make sure nothing's wrong.

(I hate condoning a dealership's high prices, BTW.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea im sure they do great work but i just cant justify spending 3000 for install, thats all. like i said i was quoted 500-600 for install from another shop, its b/c im friends with him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Originally posted by 350z@Jul 26 2004, 10:20 AM
yea im sure they do great work but i just cant justify spending 3000 for install, thats all. like i said i was quoted 500-600 for install from another shop, its b/c im friends with him

Oh, believe me, I know what you're saying. There's no way in **** I'd ever pay that much for an install. Especially when you can get your own copy of the tuning software for 50 bucks (that's really the only "complicated" stuff). I just know that any dealer install is going to be MUCH more because they're figuring in the costs of any potential break downs in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Originally posted by 350z@Jul 26 2004, 10:20 AM
yea im sure they do great work but i just cant justify spending 3000 for install, thats all. like i said i was quoted 500-600 for install from another shop, its b/c im friends with him

I am meeting up with John at 9AM on Wednesday to retune the car. I can ask what's whith the install price?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by chaparro78@Jul 26 2004, 07:52 PM
I am meeting up with John at 9AM on Wednesday to retune  the car. I can ask what's whith the install price?

ok sounds great chaparro!!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top