Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on my way home from the gym yesterday and saw a new model Vette waiting at a light to turn in my direction. Only had one run with a Vette so I'm always down for the opportunity. The Vette I raced was a ZO6 with headers, exhaust and a tune and I beat him pretty good.
Anyways I'm doing about 25 in a 45 hoping he would catch up but he wasn't showing interest so I began to speed up. Was doing about 45 when a Suzuki GSX-R pulles up to me and starts reving. Yes!!! I slow to about 42 pop it in second and just start to pull on him. Put about a car and a half and he shuts down. I slow and he goes up to my window with a look of amazment on his face and gives me a thumbs up. My first run with a bike like that so I didn't know what to expect. It had to be a 600 the way I pulled on him but no # was stickered. thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:OMG: You're crazy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by NourZ@Aug 21 2005, 05:29 PM
It had to be a Katana, I've pulled on a Katana on the highway with my stock Z, we were going 100 mph to start with, so my torque halped me pass him. GSX-R's are fk'n fast, even the GSX-R600 needs at least 500+ rwhp for you to keep up.

Nice kill
[snapback]147704[/snapback]​

I had a GSX-R 750 so I'm pretty familiar with that bike. Don't think it was A Katana. It had to be a 600 but there were no stickers with #'s on them.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Nice... I've downed a few bikes from a roll. All small CC ones. I've also had my a$$ handed to me (expectedly) by a couple of 1000+CC bikes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by NourZ@Aug 21 2005, 03:29 PM
It had to be a Katana, I've pulled on a Katana on the highway with my stock Z, we were going 100 mph to start with, so my torque halped me pass him. GSX-R's are fk'n fast, even the GSX-R600 needs at least 500+ rwhp for you to keep up.

Nice kill

haha yea... it can't be GSXR600.. my 600 is much quicker than my buddy's track Z

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by NourZ@Aug 22 2005, 01:39 PM
Was running with 3 2005 GSX-R1000, they popped wheelees at 160 mph and disappeared.

I think you would've destroyed the Katana, but since you said you gained on him slowly so it might've been a 600.

Can't wait for my Turbonetics ST... you'r giving me hope 

Bike---->:eek:wned:
[snapback]148169[/snapback]​

hehe the day will come... :bump:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice kill. I must add that as a past owner of 7 sport bikes including a GSXR-600 and a GSX1300R Hayabusa, I would never even try to race one, not even a 600. Even 600's these days far out class pretty much any street cars available, F/I or not. You either have enormous balls or don't know better lol.

But hey you do have a SC and you have bike experience so that makes the kill even sweeter. I bet the dude was stunned when he lost to a car. Good job!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll race any **** body as long as the enviorment is right because Its and uncomparible rush. He came from behind me and gave me some revs. I downshifted and we went. He was as surprised as me and even gave me a thumbs up.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by sexy325+Sep 7 2005, 12:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-NourZ
@Aug 21 2005, 03:29 PM

Nice kill

haha yea... it can't be GSXR600.. my 600 is much quicker than my buddy's track Z
[snapback]153315[/snapback]​

He is S/C'd though. Very far from a stock track Z.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Originally posted by Barzten1@Sep 7 2005, 06:04 PM
I'll race any **** body as long as the enviorment is right because Its and uncomparible rush.  He came from behind me and gave me some revs.  I downshifted and we went.  He was as surprised as me and even gave me a thumbs up.
[snapback]153410[/snapback]​

+1 Win or lose, the rush is worth the race. :clap:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by Dave079+Sep 7 2005, 02:41 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2005, 12:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NourZ
@Aug 21 2005, 03:29 PM

Nice kill

[snapback]153315[/snapback]​

He is S/C'd though. Very far from a stock track Z.
[snapback]153415[/snapback]​

oops, pardon me :doh:

·
Registered
351 Posts
You always have a shot at a bike.. if the guy can't ride... But an R6 with a sprocket and some lowering straps can run 10 second 1/4 miles (in the 9s with the right rider)., and the gixxer 6 isn't any slower...

I thikn I'd cry if I ever got pw3nd by a car, tho. Of course, I haven't quite figured out the new bike, so I suppose there's a chance...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts