Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:newbie: wasssup guys... having problems with this vortec sc... first off i thought i was doing everything right!!! lets start off with parts that are installed already...
vortec sc..
stillen headers...
ngk ones step colder spark plugs...
stillen full exhaust...
stainless steel pipes with resonators...
technosquare reflash
sgp torque upgrade..
sgp valve body upgrade...
oil and transmission coolers from sgp...

OK, the problem is that when the car shop hooks up that vortec black box all my lights in the dash turn on like CHECK ENGINE, all of them and car runs like **** but when vortec disconnected runs great all away to redline no hesitations...
DO i send that black box back to vortec or is there something i can do... plz help im from nj....ITS AN AUTOMATIC !!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same problem. I checked all my connections 3 to 4 times. It would rev only to about 3000RPM and the idle was really rough. I unhooked the box and it ran fine. I sent the box to Vortech and two days laster they sent it back reprogrammed. Worked fine. I don't have an A/T though. You might want to call them first, but I know there was another person that had the same problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anytime :) It seems that Vortech has been giving out a few of these with there kits. It must of felt good when you pluged it in and it ran smooth. I know it did when I got my new one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]

yeah their still tuning it..... wish i knew another place in nj where they can check the work and see if the tuning is coorect.... cant really find any1 out here in jersey :banghead:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts