Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting in a vortec sc. I was wondering what the general opinion is of it. And what is the risk of blowing the motor if I have it installed and tuned by a vortec tech? And if so could it be removed for a warranty repair? Any and all info will be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
I am thinking about putting in a vortec sc. I was wondering what the general opinion is of it. And what is the risk of blowing the motor if I have it installed and tuned by a vortec tech? And if so could it be removed for a warranty repair? Any and all info will be appreciated.

Thank you.
I think what you'll find is that most Vortech owners (like myself) love it and most TT-kit owners will tell you to get a TT instead of a supercharger. Either way, you're seriously upping your power game and the car will feel a lot faster because of it.

The Vortech is a very reliable, low cost (relative to other options), low maintenance solution. With other add-ons (smaller pulley, exhaust, etc), you can easily get your car over the 400rwhp/340rwtq mark with a good tuner's help. The power gain is linear so you don't get the 'kick in the gut' feeling of a turbo when you get on it, but you do feel a progressively stronger pull as you move to redline.

As for danger of blowing the motor, any kit should be relatively safe if tuned properly. That said, Vortech probably has the lowest failure rate of any kit out there. I've only heard of less than a handful of blown Vortech motors. TTs are popping all the time and the ATI Procharger has a pretty tainted record as well.

If you find a good shop, warranty repair won't be an issue. My Nissan dealer replaced my tranny (gear grind issue) under warranty despite the obvious motor mods I have. If you had to switch it back it would take some time. It's about a 16hr install. It could be done. I think the only thing that would remain obvious is you would have to plug the block where you tap it for the Vortech unit's oil feed.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
No, you do not.

That all depends on how safe you want your tune to be.

You can only raise fuel pressure sooo much in order to get those puny stock injectors to handle 400whp...

Tuning.. it's safety in numbers. You'd be foolish to push the stock injectors for very long, IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts