Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:doh: Nope. The TE37 MAG is a special edition Dark Blue finish. From the picture I found the finish looks to be anodized but I can't quite tell. That's the reason for the original post. I'm also curious if their are any slight design differences between these and regular TE37's such as lip size or offset availablilities. Thanks for the help anyway AYMAN.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I don't have the MAGS. They are in Blue Only and weigh much ligher than normal TE37.

They also run about $4800 for a set of 4. I was going to get , but wasn't sure how it would match with my DB Z. And I believe on up to 18" maybe??? not sure ..

Never saw any self taken pics on a Z.. Just the one pic from VOLK.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 4 2005, 07:54 AM
I knew someone on here has them on their Z, and I just saw it recently.  Well, here it is!  http://www.fairladyz33.com/content/volk.htm

Chris is his name, and he's on this board.
[snapback]152340[/snapback]​

Nope, those are not them either. The TE37 MAGs are less than 13 lbs each. I looked everywhere for more info on them and can barely find anything. Here's another pic I found, and another I photochopped.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Originally posted by Dissident+Sep 4 2005, 11:40 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Sep 4 2005, 07:54 AM
I knew someone on here has them on their Z, and I just saw it recently.  Well, here it is!  http://www.fairladyz33.com/content/volk.htm

Nope, those are not them either. The TE37 MAGs are less than 13 lbs each. I looked everywhere for more info on them and can barely find anything. Here's another pic I found, and another I photochopped.
[snapback]152375[/snapback]​

whoops forgot the photochop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by illz33@Sep 4 2005, 01:06 PM
I don't have the MAGS.  They are in Blue Only and weigh much ligher than normal TE37.

They also run about $4800 for a set of 4.  I was going to get , but wasn't sure how it would match with my DB Z.  And I believe on up to 18" maybe??? not sure ..

Never saw any self taken pics on a Z.. Just the one pic from VOLK.
[snapback]152367[/snapback]​

Exactly.

They are mega expensive. And uber light. Not sure why anyone would want these on a street machine.

They can be purchased very easily. Mackin has them in stock last I checked.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
After looking at that chop, I don't know if I like them anymore. Chris, good thing you didn't break down and buy those for you DB. :lol:

In fact, I don't know what color those wheels would go well with, but for that amount of money they better throw in a race queen in the passenger seat!

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 4 2005, 01:57 PM
After looking at that chop, I don't know if I like them anymore.  Chris, good thing you didn't break down and buy those for you DB. :lol:

In fact, I don't know what color those wheels would go well with, but for that amount of money they better throw in a race queen in the passenger seat!
[snapback]152378[/snapback]​

LOL.. i almost did. But I wanted 19" wheels. The mags are only up to 18". And hella expensive to drive on the street..

The Mags are a track only wheel IMHO. ~$4500 was the best deal I could find at the time.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Originally posted by Dissident+Sep 4 2005, 11:40 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Sep 4 2005, 07:54 AM

[snapback]152375[/snapback]​

18x9 or 18x10 weighing 13 pounds??
Impossible?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Originally posted by HyperSprite@Sep 4 2005, 09:55 PM
Magnesium wheels can be very light but over time they can develop stress cracks and need to be checked by a professional if they are to be kept road worthy.

Chris
[snapback]152550[/snapback]​

Remember, vettes had mag rims for awhile. I've got some friends that ride with CF wheels on their bikes in the street and have had no problems. If you live somewhere with mostly decent roads, you'll probably be fine. With that said, better figure out what your deducible is and realize that some insurance companies will consider that a "your fault" claim if you bust up a wheel on a bad pothole (unless you can get the city to pay for it... good luck)

Re: weight, I think the (I'm sure wider than ours) stock vette wheels were (off a vette forum, so don't hold me to it):
17.5 lbs, front; 19.5 lbs, rear --- 97-00 OEM magnesium
18.08 lbs, front; 20.06 rear --- 00 OEM standard, thin spoke, high polish

****, I wonder what bolt pattern those vette wheels are... hmm...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Magnesium rims are really not a good idea for street use and were never intended for such. They are ultra light, yes, but not as durable (aka: safe) as aluminum. They are produced for racing use only where high budget teams can afford to run them for only a few races, or even one, and can have them x-rayed to make sure they are still usable. Also note that they only come in 18" as no race teams run 19" that I am aware of.

Furthermore I am almost certain that they are not street legal (not that anyone would check for such a thing) in the US (DOT), Japan (JIN) nor Europe (forgot the approval code for that, sorry).

Buy the regular TE-37's and have them powdercoated blue if that is what you want. the Mags are a waste of $ unless you are LOADED and know that no one will know the difference anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. Didn't know that these were such a pain to own. I'll be going with some WORK or KINESIS wheels instead. Thank again.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by krevissco@Sep 8 2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. Didn't know that these were such a pain to own. I'll be going with some WORK or KINESIS wheels instead. Thank again.
[snapback]153764[/snapback]​

The mags would be the only pain to own. Due to the material and using them on the street.

Normal TE37 (haha normal) are a great wheel. Then again, so are Work.

Just don't decide not to get TE37 becuase of the TE37 MAG comments. They are a kick ass wheel!

Peace.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Right on illZ33. TE37 rims are awesome and IMHO one of the best choices for Z, just not the Magnesium version.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts