·
Registered
1,867 Posts
This is from the second of my Z's three visits to the California zhospital

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
It's always the other guy's fault. I can say that with confidence because none of the 3 accidents has cost me a nickel. Insurance cos. decided it was not my fault each time. All three hits in same place - drivers front fender and front bumper. The last one also hit the drivers door and rocker panel.

First time - over $4,000.
Second time - over $7,000
Third time - almost $10,000.

Counting the ones the car originally came with, I am on on my fourth drivers front fender and front bumper.

Never any frame damage. Car is like new today. It is the weirdest thing. It is just a magnet for trouble. I can't explain it.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John--union schmunion, I am an office manager and don't pay dues, I guess I am just a scab! LOL

Well, no pics but I can tell ya what I saw. Zvisitation went very well. The guys in the shop are professionals is all I can say. Very cool people. The head mechanic personally showed me back. He took out diagrams and specs and went over everything in great detail, all her cross points are w/in one mm of spec, where spec allows for a 3mm+/- difference in the numbers. She looks a lot better than I expected. All pieces and parts are back on except bumpers and bits that have to be off for painting. She is sanded down and ready for paint. One little thing is off in the front, there are 2 bars or rods either side of the radiator that are off a few mm's causing the hood latch to not line up exactly in the middle, rubs one side of the catch. He is going to "roll" these on Monday and then she will be sent to paint. The roof panel is the only one not going to be painted, the drivers side quarter panel doesn't have to be painted but they are going to paint it anyways. He has instructed them that she gets 2 coats of clear not just the standard one coat, and will not have orange peel at all. He is going to give it a glass, or mirror finish, and she should be ready to go end of next week!
When we go to pick her up we just have to bring her new rims w/ us, they put her up on the align machine w/ new wheels one more time, and she's home free! I can't wait! Awesome job to all the guys at Johnny Mock's in Pittsburgh---you RULE!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Richard, your misfortunes sound like what I went through with my Honda. That thing was a magnet for hit-and-runs.
So is the Z costly to repair? It sure seems so...

Jinxxy, glad you're not associated with satan, umm... I mean the union... hope everything turns out well for the Z!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts