Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone

I hope you will forgive the intrusion, but I am visiting your forums from the AcuraMDX.com forums. We had a visoinbulbs group buy over there which went horribly wrong. Here's a quick summary of a few of the problems:

1) Several members have had problems with visionbulbs never shipping the order and never issuing a refund
2) Visionbulbs never sent the right connector / wiring harness with the intial order, even after reassuring us that the connector would be included.
3) After more than 2 weeks, Visionbulbs still refuses to provide the correct connector / wiring harness. They have shipped a generic wiring harness to some customers which does not fit and requires the purchase of additional connectors. In addition, the wiring harness does not seal the factory wiring socket which may lead to corrosion.
4) Visionbulbs promised a free set of silver xtreme bulbs or partial refund, but refuses to provide either of those
5) Many members are now stuck with non plug-and-play HID kits. Visionbulbs refuses to provide refunds to any of us.
6) Our group buy "discount" was actually $8 more than the standard 10% discount code that visionbulbs also gives to acuramdx.com forum members.
7) Visionbulbs continually posts that "all problems are being addressed", but those of us having problems haven't heard anything at all from the company.
8) Their "express" shipping is actually a bulk shipper who ships from China to the US. Once in the US, delivery is completed by DHL, but the entire process takes a week and if you have a shipping problem, both the bulk shipper and DHL blame the other company.

Here's the link to the start of the group buy
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread....15&pagenumber=1

Here's a link to page 8 where the problems begin:
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread....15&pagenumber=8

The problem discussion continues for the next 6 pages and is still unresolved. We haven't heard anything from visionbulbs in nearly a week and they haven't returned any emails or phone messages either.

To those of you who are happy with the kit and the product - congratulations - you are very lucky. For those of you who are thinking of placing orders, please take our situation into consideration.

Thanks for your time & enjoy your Z!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My passenger side HID recently quit working. Various Nissan dealerships are quoting me $400-$1200 to get the one HID working again. I'm not paying $1200 to get one low beam to work again, I think they are trying to screw me. I'm looking at your H7 HID 6000k replacement bulbs in lieu of the OEM replacement bulb. My question is, can I use the stock balast for your bulbs? Are these direct bolt in replacements for the stock bulb? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Wow....the Acura guys had a problem.....I got mine on a prior GB here and everything shipped on time and cost was what was expected and portrayed.

I am happy with the look of all exterior lamps and interior, but I thought I read earlier that the map lights could be replaced with brighter which I would like to do .... is this still an option?

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes, the bulbs will work with OEM ballast.. are you sure you ballast is working?

No, not exactly. When I took it in to get looked at all that Nissan said was that they wouldn't warranty it since my parking lights and turn signals weren't stock. They didn't mention whether it was the bulb or the ballast not functioning. Also, they tried to tell me that if the balast was bad the only way I can get it was buying the full headlight housing for $750. Where can you buy the ballast separately? Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Everyone

I hope you will forgive the intrusion, but I am visiting your forums from the AcuraMDX.com forums. We had a visoinbulbs group buy over there which went horribly wrong. Here's a quick summary of a few of the problems:

1) Several members have had problems with visionbulbs never shipping the order and never issuing a refund
2) Visionbulbs never sent the right connector / wiring harness with the intial order, even after reassuring us that the connector would be included.
3) After more than 2 weeks, Visionbulbs still refuses to provide the correct connector / wiring harness. They have shipped a generic wiring harness to some customers which does not fit and requires the purchase of additional connectors. In addition, the wiring harness does not seal the factory wiring socket which may lead to corrosion.
4) Visionbulbs promised a free set of silver xtreme bulbs or partial refund, but refuses to provide either of those
5) Many members are now stuck with non plug-and-play HID kits. Visionbulbs refuses to provide refunds to any of us.
6) Our group buy "discount" was actually $8 more than the standard 10% discount code that visionbulbs also gives to acuramdx.com forum members.
7) Visionbulbs continually posts that "all problems are being addressed", but those of us having problems haven't heard anything at all from the company.
8) Their "express" shipping is actually a bulk shipper who ships from China to the US. Once in the US, delivery is completed by DHL, but the entire process takes a week and if you have a shipping problem, both the bulk shipper and DHL blame the other company.

Here's the link to the start of the group buy
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread....15&pagenumber=1
Here's a link to page 8 where the problems begin:
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread....15&pagenumber=8

The problem discussion continues for the next 6 pages and is still unresolved. We haven't heard anything from visionbulbs in nearly a week and they haven't returned any emails or phone messages either.

To those of you who are happy with the kit and the product - congratulations - you are very lucky. For those of you who are thinking of placing orders, please take our situation into consideration.

Thanks for your time & enjoy your Z!

Oh man I just read that entire thread, completely unexceptable... Completely, and I thank you for you time to post that here to help others not have the hard time you experienced.

I have been around car forums for a while now, including being a moderator on many forums over these years... I have seen many scams/etc.

And this one just screams screw and run onto other forums to get people's money.

Once again thanks, I will get my HID's elsewhere.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Wow....the Acura guys had a problem.....I got mine on a prior GB here and everything shipped on time and cost was what was expected and portrayed.
We would like to address the post made by the member of the Acura MDX forum.

There is no doubt that the group buy that we conducted on the Acura forum had some challenges. The problem was that the MDX has an H11 harness, and that happened to be the only size that we do not carry an OEM connector for. This mean, you would have to manually connect the power from your ballast to your headlight harness (very easy) without the luxury of just plugging in a male to female connector.

We were incorrect in informing the group prior to purchase that all kits came with the OEM connector. A few members that were a little more savvy just decided to connect the wires and their kits are working perfectly fine (as you will read).

Others, such as the member that posted here, did not want to use the kit without the OEM connector. We even sent relay wires at our own cost as a possible alternative. Finally, we offered refunds to these customers given that the products were first returned to us.

Theses same customers then proceeded to request refunds before they sent back the packages, which is obviously not something that a business would ever be able to do.

We are still working with this group in an effort to resolve all situations, but you will always find customers that think that slandering a company and making exaggerated claims is fair game because their purchase didn't go 100% smooth.

We have been in business for years now, and we pride ourselves on our customer satisfaction. Our products have been reviewed by some to of the top trade magazines (such as Import Tuner), and we also have had our products featured on cars in shows worldwide (including the Dark Nights Tour). We treat our customers the way we want to be treated when we’re customers, and we try our best to have everyone walk away with a great experience.

We look forward to serving all of you, and we welcome any questions you have.

Thank you all,

Vision Bulbs
www.visionbulbs.com

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

I am happy with the look of all exterior lamps and interior, but I thought I read earlier that the map lights could be replaced with brighter which I would like to do .... is this still an option?
Visonbulbs....can you repond to my request....I am happy with everything, would like brighter and did not know until I read the posts that there was brighter than what we got. thx

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.