Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finaly got a check from my dealer and a full refund. Small step in continuous fight for better dealer service.

Then i went down to Repco, i got entire Megure range, Sheepwool mit, Aplication pads, Microfiber towel, NXT wax and Shampo, and budy of mine who works in Paint/Body shop gave me a bottle of Flashwax, its compaund that is applied on top of wax and enhances glos, removes svirls etc. So to shorten the story after two hours of hard work, Z is sparkling, with that deep deep black coat. I am very happy with results.

:soapbox:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Halleluliah!!!
Good for you...
Now what to do with the other $1450.00????
Maybe some springs,shocks,swaybars or coil overs???
Maybe run a poll to see what everyone thinks on how to spend???
Have fun anyways!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, might invest bit more and get exoust upgrade, might go on holyday :shiftdrive: :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I say you should get windows tinted 20%, get a popcharger, lamin-x taillight overlays, eibach springs.... wait, then it would look like mine. On second thought, just go on vacation :)

Glad you got your money back and your Z is sparkling more than ever :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Window tint, that was on my list. Forgot about it. Yes i have black interior on black car ill be baking in direct sunlight. Do you know what is the legal maximum for side and back, and i assume 3M film is the best to use.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Depends on where you are. Here it's 30%, but you can get away with 20% without anyone noticing. You just need to ask an officer of the law. They should know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Find a friendly tinter and get the screen tinted with a very light tint. No-one will notice and it makes a huge difference in the sun.

·
Registered
258 Posts
which state you in from DJ? if its perth i got a mate who does tinting..

either way i reckon go for some tint, a JWT popcharger and exhaust with your surplus funds ..

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh its pretty bad sometimes here in perth as well haha.. not sure what its like over there but greater city population would probably equal greater number of cops with egos/power issues...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes i know what you mean Mick. There is tint shop just few streets across my house, i might have a "chat" with them today.

PS: When it somes to "tint" i am as clueless as any1, i have no idea how its applied, i know they put layers of film over glass but thats it... do they actaly have to take "glass" out of doors, or do they tint only the bit that is there with windows rolled up??

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh Dj, they just apply it on the inside of the window with distilled water, the tint just sticks to it somehow..

what colour is your Z? should get a nice colour tint to match the car - i have platinum with a semi-mirror tint on it

·
Registered
80 Posts
35% is the darkest legal in NSW. FWIW I had 20% on mine and found it just a little too dark at night. 28% would be perfect IMO but isn't easy to find.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
So does anyone know of an outlet that gives a lifetime replacement on its tint? I need to get the tint replaced on my other car.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Originally posted by nang3@Dec 22 2004, 05:35 PM
which state you in from DJ? if its perth i got a mate who does tinting..

And does a mighty fine job. He did mine and I'm every happy with it, and gotta admit Nang, your's looks pretty special as well!!!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
PS. You may note from my sig that he provided me with 18% !!!!

Good price too, from memory was about $275 - $300

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Originally posted by KY350@Dec 23 2004, 02:04 AM
So does anyone know of an outlet that gives a lifetime replacement on its tint?  I need to get the tint replaced on my other car.

I think the Solace F1 tint has a lifetime warranty. Its also at a legal tint level.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts