Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have seen some cars in Melbourne with european plates already, at first I thought those cars were from NSW instead, but when I looked closer, they all had VIC at the front of the plates... here is the link to get yourself a set of euro plate...

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrne5n...A256FD300241C0A

Have fun!

cheers,

richie

ps. if this is a repost, please ignore that! :) I only saw it yesterday!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've got a mate that so this comeing a few months ago and has registered number plates like MR 355 Mr 351 DR 360 etc etc now for sale

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those plates are expensive man when I checked out those prices... now they also allow us to mix the number and the letters as well... but a lot of restrictions to that...

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Do you guys in Vic need to pay a ridiculous annual fee for the Euro plate, or is it just a once off fee?

I believe that in NSW you need to pay a hefty annual fee for that plate which is ludicrous - what does the RTA give you each year in return for the fee? Jack ****!!!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i must have missed the point where fitting plates which are another half size larger than normal was cool

plus u wont get a euro plate on the rear of the Z, unless u do the grey skyline/z32 plate bend trick :lmfao:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I agree on the bent corners LOL.

I have the small premium plates on my Z and definately do not want to get a bigger plate.

However, the euro plate do look good on Euro design cars like BMW's and Merc's as it fills the space perfectly.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
thats true, my 156 would have looked good with the euro plates, and i wouldnt have had to repaint the front and rear bumpers the day after picking it up to cover the 20 holes Luigi got drill happy with

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is just a once off payment... so unlike NSW, you guys need to pay annually...

Mike, Euro plate is quite rare here, that's why many people are buying those for its uniqueness... but your euro plate looks HUGE compare to the ones that we have got here though for some reason... probably I saw the slimline versions instead of the full size ones...

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The only possible reason one may want a Euro plate for the Z is for the licence to cover the big ugly black plastic slab. I believe that the plastic was made big enough to accept the Euro plate.

I have never seen a slimline verion of the Euro plate in NSW.

·
Registered
562 Posts
And leaves 2 huge holes in the front bumper when it's off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
it is just a once off payment... so unlike NSW, you guys need to pay annually...

Mike, Euro plate is quite rare here, that's why many people are buying those for its uniqueness... but your euro plate looks HUGE compare to the ones that we have got here though for some reason... probably I saw the slimline versions instead of the full size ones...

cheers,

richie
I think thats because of the perspective the pic was taken. We have shorter versions, too. I'm thinking about getting the shorter one, removing the plastic and mounting the smaller plate directly to the bumper. Should look cleaner. :dunno: Just looked into the specs for our license plates, they are also 112mm high, same as stated in the link above.

Short: Yours are also huge. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts