Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used VentureShield paint protection?

Clear bra thingy, covers half bonnet, front bumper, wheel arches , wing mirrors.

lifetime warranty,

Quoted $475 for the z

Nullabor protection!! for me, hate them roadtrains, :newbie:

www.invisiblepatterns.com

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
not a fan of clear bras

they are still nowhere near perfectly clear and make the paint look its got alot of orange peel. Plus ive had clear bras before and they still dont stop big stone chips

you're better off putting aside $70 every month, and once a year do a bonnet and bumper respray

Im selling my Carbra Australia car bra if you're interested.......check the classifieds section. It will only cost a 1/4 of the clear bra and u can remove it

·
Registered
286 Posts
+1.
I agree. I am not sure what everyone's experience with the clearbra type coatings has been, but I would suspect that over time they will begin to yellow, Furthermore, if the expansion/contraction properties of the clearcoating are not similar to that of the surface they are applied to them cracking may result.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the guy says no discolouring , no orangepeeling ,no cracking , its flexible. Lifetime warranty.

But i have no experience with this product.

He did show me a white car with it and I was impressed ,could not tell unless you looked for the edge across the bonnet.

Anymore comments on this please would be appreciated

Thankyou tpiace & david

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey tiptoncut, did you get that clearbra product? I've been considering it. Just having my roadie repaired after being rear-ended and pushed into a car in front... :(

Hope to take better care. Thing is.. I think I got the worst stone chips high up on the bonnet near the windscreen.

I have also seen the guarantees and 'no yellowing and cracking' claims... would trust a fellow Z driver over advertising any day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey tiptoncut, did you get that clearbra product? I've been considering it. Just having my roadie repaired after being rear-ended and pushed into a car in front... :(

Hope to take better care. Thing is.. I think I got the worst stone chips high up on the bonnet near the windscreen.

I have also seen the guarantees and 'no yellowing and cracking' claims... would trust a fellow Z driver over advertising any day.

Ill be getting the clear bra 6 feb ,let you know how it looks when new.
Pete :wavey:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I just saw this thread. VentureShield is the kit cutout using the 3M material. I've had mine done for over two years, and you can barely tell when washed and waxed. Now when the Z is dirty, that is another thing, and even though you cannot tell from over 10 feet away, it is more visible within this distance WHEN IT IS DIRTY.

Read my sig for areas that are covered, but on a SS, I have no chipping, cracking, or yellowing as of yet.

If I had to do it again, there is a kit out there that covers the entire hood as opposed to the front 1/3, and I would choose this kit for a more seemless finish.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I had to do it again, there is a kit out there that covers the entire hood as opposed to the front 1/3, and I would choose this kit for a more seemless finish.

Hmm you wouldn;t have a web site for that kit by any chance??

I notice you use amsoil ,nice :clap:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds good. I wonder how bad the dirt looks on black! The smash repair guy has already chastised me for a poor choice in colours: "What did you get black for! It shows up everything!" :) But I love it!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hmm you wouldn;t have a web site for that kit by any chance??

I notice you use amsoil ,nice :clap:
No, sorry. I haven't heard about that kit in a while, I believe I saw it on that Evil site, you know, my350z.com. That would be a good place to look.

You use Amsoil too? :cheers: Are you using their filter, and what intervals do you change oil/filter at?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[
You use Amsoil too? :cheers: Are you using their filter, and what intervals do you change oil/filter at?
[/quote]

Only just got my z , I used amsoil on an sti , and their filter which was supposed to filter a lot finer than the standard, changed oil and filter every 5ooo ks .
Regards Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts