Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

It is a long story.... but in short.... Narva Rocker switch blew my VDC computer module by having a wrong diagram at the back of the packaging while an electric engineer was installing the switch... and of course I will be proceeding with the legal route to claim back the cost later after I got the car fixed... DavidM was there with me and he saw everything... :(

The car is running fine, but just that it does not have VDC and SLIP at the moment ANY TIME... and I would like that to be back SOMETIMES while I am driving too... and most importantly is that the VDC computer is burnt... and the broken one will need to be replaced...

Take a look at these:

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.sil-chem.com/rlchen/Narva1.jpg');}" />

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.sil-chem.com/rlchen/Narva2.jpg');}" />

Get to the topic...

Does anyone know any Nissan Wreckers in Australia? I would like to source this part around first because all the VDC computer should be all the same... If you know any wrecker around australia, please post the information here, so I will contact them to see if they have the correct part that I am after... otherwise, I will go for nissan's full replacement and of course asking Narva to pay for this...

I have got the part number of this computer:

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.sil-chem.com/rlchen/VDC_Comp.jpg');}" />

Any input will be welcome regarding to this case or the wreckers info.

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok.... and also on their website... they actually provided the wrong information too.... or the wrong switch in the package for me?!

Part number: 63020BL Blister Pack (3rd one from the top)

http://www.narva.com.au/Switches_11.html

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
562 Posts
It's the exact switch I was planning on getting, because it had amber light. Sorry to hear about your VDC computer, at least the car is still running. I think a good start might be doing a search in yellowpages for japanese car wreckers and then making few calls.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
It's the exact switch I was planning on getting, because it had amber light.

I have the same switch in my car. Though, I think my switch matched the diagram ... I can't queite remember, whether we followed the diagram, or tested the pins beforehand.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David,

Would you be able to double check the switch pin positions for me by pulling the switch out? There are a latch to secure the switch at each end...

thanks mate!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would of assumed that the sparky compared the pinouts on the switch to the pinouts on the paper before connection.

Anyway you sure there is no blown fuse for the VDC? Also there is a VDC relay box that is located in the engine bay. Has this been checked out? I have no idea if this is a normal relay though. Is the picture above the relay box or the actuator or the control unit?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the electrical engineer followed the pin outs on the diagram as he did that to DavidM's car and it worked well... and the part that I have got is exactly the same in DavidM's car.... so he followed the instruction again, but blew the VDC computer...

Also the link that I gave previous also shows that the pin out for this switch (without numbering) is the same as the diagram at the back of the packaging... and clearly it blew the computer when we wired it that way...

The VDC fuse is not blown (in the engine bay), because it is the fuse to the external loop I guess... and the part number is taken off from the VDC computer which is located right below driver's dash...

I am thinking about bringing the car directly to Nissan as they can take a look at that and I think i will need to get the air-conditioning re-set as well because the car was turned on to test for the VDC (after it was blown) while the air cond. module was not pluged in... so I have hot air all the way now and only have cold air when I set the temp to 18 degrees... I just hope this will not be another problem!

Also when I talk to Narva, I will actually have a bill directly from Nissan dealer too.

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
889 Posts
Best of luck. Let us know how you go.

I have done the same with the air-con module as you but didn't have the temp issues as you have.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Pete,

I just sent you a PM!!! Really appreciate for your help mate!!! Will speak to you soon!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Would you be able to double check the switch pin positions for me by pulling the switch out? There are a latch to secure the switch at each end

Sure Richie ... I'll have a go at pulling out the switch when I get the chance.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by MR RIZK@Jun 19 2005, 04:37 AM
Best of luck. Let us know how you go.

I have done the same with the air-con module as you but didn't have the temp issues as you have.
[snapback]117305[/snapback]​

RIZK:

I forgot to plug and sensor in... just found that out :doh: ... no wonder the A/C cannot be able to have the full ability to adjust the temp itself.... Thanks for the feedback!

cheers,

richie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts