Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the APS 2.5 True Dual Exhaust on the Z, and noticed that one tip experiences a burbbling sound only under idle while the other tip does not. This sound can only be heard if standing right next to the exhaust after the car has warmed up and is idling at about 700 rpm. Even then, you have to listen for it to notice it.

Does anyone with an aftermarket exhaust have the same scenario?

Thanks for everyone's reply!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I have heard that burbling before. I think it's normal. It's just the nature of the motor and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard that burbling before. I think it's normal. It's just the nature of the motor and exhaust.
Dave, have you heard that from just one tip, or both?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Can't remember, but it might have been from only 1 tip. I always figured it was just the randomness of the engine and exhaust and the way it runs.

BTW, nice avatar. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I too have the APS true dual with no irregular or unothordox burble to note. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too have the APS true dual with no irregular or unothordox burble to note. Sorry.
I wonder if my cats may be the culprit to this occurrence - this is the only difference that you and I have in our exhaust setups :dunno:

·
Registered
305 Posts
all cars do it........pretty common with aftermarket exhaust......just the extras fuel and gases................think of it as a fart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts